The Ministry of Health logged 3,646 additional COVID-19 patients in Vietnam on Wednesday, along with 1,737 recoveries and 72 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 11 imported and 3,635 local infections, were documented in 50 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, elaborating that 1,810 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City reported 1,347 of the domestically-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 492, Dong Nai Province 305, An Giang Province 194, Soc Trang Province 100, Bac Lieu Province 99, Can Tho City 44, Khanh Hoa 39, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 13, Hanoi ten, and Da Nang eight.
Vietnam had detected 3,027 locally-acquired infections on Tuesday.
The country has registered 869,193 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the list 420,946 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 226,845, Dong Nai Province with 59,691, Long An Province with 33,856, Tien Giang Province with 15,249, Dong Thap Province with 9,300, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,589, Da Nang with 4,942, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,423, and Hanoi with 4,365.
Vietnam recorded only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry reported 1,737 recoveries on Wednesday, bringing the total to 796,583.
The toll has increased to 21,416 deaths after the ministry logged 72 fatalities on the same day, including 43 in Ho Chi Minh City and eight in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has documented 873,901 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered more than 67 million vaccine doses, including 1,990,538 shots on Tuesday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Over 19 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- New iPhone battery cases let you watch video for an extra 10 HOURS
- 'Time to find a new vocation': Ben Barba is banned for LIFE from playing rugby league after allegations he publicly assaulted his girlfriend and mum to his four kids
- Revising key laws to lead Vietnam into the new era
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- Resolution 19: improving business environment but a long way to go
- HSBC economists report on Vietnam’s prospects during 10-day visit
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- Trade war to benefit Vietnam’s fashion sector
- Vietnam's aviation industry should focus on infrastructure, innovation
- BEL MOONEY: Is my new husband’s teenage daughter a racist?
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' Team Becomes Embroiled in International Incident on Tonight's Episode
- Best friends, 24, make $25,500 in an HOUR from sales of their new product after creating the 'world's best clay mask' - and they're set to make $2million this month
- Saquon Barkley’s touches not an issue with New York Giants
- Study finds new bacterial strain can contaminate shellfish
- England beats New Zealand by 7 wickets in 1st T20
- Eating along New York State’s ‘Buffalo Wing Trail’
- EACC summons Sonko over Passaris unpaid New York trip
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- Family of Sydney retiree jailed in Vietnam says Canberra's response would be stronger if he was a 'white Australian'
- Top 10 boutique budget hotels in Hanoi, Vietnam
Vietnam finds 3,646 new COVID-19 cases have 498 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.