Vietnamese Ambassador to Mongolia Doan Khanh Tam has handed US$50,000 to a Mongolian agency as support from the Vietnamese government for Mongolia's COVID-19 fight.
Ambassador Tam, on behalf of the Vietnamese government, presented the cash donation to Brigadier General G. Ariunbuyan, chief of Mongolia's National Emergency Management Agency, on Monday, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
The Mongolian official, also deputy head of Mongolia’s COVID-19 control committee, sincerely thanked the government and people of Vietnam for their support for Mongolia's response to the pandemic.
The donation came as both countries are still facing difficulties in pushing back COVID-19 and post-pandemic economic recovery, Brigadier General Ariunbuyan said.
He expressed his pleasure at the positive development of the traditional friendship between Vietnam and Mongolia, especially fruitful outcomes in political, economic, trade, and humanitarian cooperation in the past years.
Mongolia will use the donated money to procure medical protective equipment for COVID-19 frontline workers, the Mongolian official said.
The host wished Vietnam would continue putting the pandemic under control and achieve stable economic growth.
Ambassador Tam highly appreciated Mongolia's effective epidemic prevention and control and believed that Mongolia, under the leadership of the Mongolian government, will be soon able to contain the pandemic, recover its economy, and continue to develop sustainably.
He also said Vietnam is focusing all its resources on pandemic prevention and control and economic recovery.
Currently, around 200 Vietnamese people are living, working, and studying in Mongolia, which established diplomatic relations with Vietnam in 1954.
In August this year, the Vietnamese community in Mongolia donated over $7,000 to Vietnam's COVID-19 fight through the Vietnamese Embassy there.
- The Ascott Vietnam donates VNĐ500m to COVID-19 vaccine fund
- Vietnam announces 239 new Covid-19 patients, mostly in Ho Chi Minh City
- Fifty foreign reporters in Vietnam get vaccinated against COVID-19
- Vietnam adds 441 domestic COVID-19 cases, including 249 in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam records 151 more Covid-19 cases, mostly in HCM City
- Vietnam reports 115 local COVID-19 cases on June 30 noon
- Vietnam posts 121 new Covid-19 cases on Friday noon
- Generali Vietnam takes prompt action to support COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam applies unique measures in COVID-19 fight: Sputnik
- Ministry of Health debuts 5K dance for COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam propaganda poster against Covid-19 got twisted
- Vietnam records over 900 Covid-19 infection cases on Saturday, total tally surpasses 19,000
- Vietnam records 50 more Covid-19 infections, mostly in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam confirms 145 more Covid-19 infections, patient tally surpasses 16,000
- Vietnam records 264 more Covid-19 infections, Thursday tally reaches 713
- Vietnam confirms 219 more Covid-19 patients, total tally surpasses 18,000
- Vietnam records 93 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 62 more Covid-19 patients, Firday tally rises to 264
- Vietnam logs 90 new COVID-19 infections, one more death
- Vietnam confirms 85 more Covid-19 patients, Wednesday counts rise 220
Vietnam donates $50,000 to Mongolia for COVID-19 fight have 451 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.