The committee said in a report that apart from VND18.1 trillion ($795 million) from the state budget, the Covid-19 vaccine fund has raised VND8.693 trillion, which means Vietnam now has around VND26.8 trillion, sufficient for purchasing vaccines needed to inoculate 75 million of its 96 million population.
The vaccine fund was set up in May to raise contributions from various sources, including private companies and citizens, to ease the state budget's burden.
By the end of September, Vietnam had spent VND15.534 trillion buying vaccines – VND7.96 trillion from the vaccine fund and the rest from the state budget, the committee said.
The nation now has VND11.27 trillion left – VND10.53 trillion from the state budget and VND733 billion from the vaccine fund – that can be used to purchase more vaccine doses.
Vietnam aims to procure 150 million doses of vaccines at an estimated cost of VND25.2 trillion to cover 70 percent of its population this year, the Health Ministry had announced earlier.
In a report sent to the National Assembly, the government said that by mid-October, Vietnam had secured deals for 191.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses as aid and via commercial contracts.
The nation had received 92.5 million doses so far.
As of Wednesday, over 49 million people had received at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot and 19.5 million people had been fully vaccinated.
- Vietnamese citizens see corruption fight making real headway
- Non-communicable diseases top cause of death in Vietnam
- Anonymous foreign investor buys entire batch of Phu My Hung bonds
- Vietnam, Laos work out 10-year cooperation strategy
- Financial autonomy for Vietnam's public hospitals: a blessing or a curse
- Consumers' five biggest complaints revealed by Citizens Advice
- Here's why imports from Vietnam are ringing alarm bells in India
- Vietnam coffee prices fall in line with weak London; trade picks up in Indonesia
- Monocle: you've seen the magazine – now buy the apartment
- Origin fraud hurts Vietnamese steel in the long run
- New housing policy for low-, mid-income households needed in HCM City
- Scientists Figured Out the Indian Cobra's Genome—at Last
- Hanoi roadside beer shops desolate due to stricter penalties on drunk driving
- 'I'm being called a Pakistani whore'
- Is a new India rising?
- The holly trinity: commune, God, charity
- HCM City targets 75 percent of buses with clean fuel by 2020
- Nearly 5 billion USD in FDI poured into HCM City
- How a no-deal Brexit could affect UK travellers
- 'You’re a very bad man': Astonishing moment British boy, four, confronted Kenyan mall gunman… who gave him Mars bars and begged for forgiveness
Vietnam can buy Covid-19 vaccines for all citizens have 394 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.