Vientiane (VNA) – The Vietnam Buddhist Sangha (VBS) on October 19 presented to the Lao Buddhist Coalition Central Committee five tonnes of rice and 500 boxes of instant noodle to help Lao monks overcome difficulties caused by COVID-19.
On behalf of the VBS, Venerable Thich Minh Quang, head monk of the Phat Tich Pagoda in Vientiane, handed over the essential goods at the ceremony.
Venerable Thich Minh Quang said the amount of goods is half of the total worth 120 million LAK (11,846 USD) donated by Vietnamese Buddhist followers to Laos this time, with the remaining earmarked for Luang Prabang province.
Most Venerable Bounma Simaphome, acting president of the Lao Buddhist Coalition Central Committee, thanked the VBS as well as the Vietnam ese Buddhists in Laos for having supported and shared the difficulties with Lao monks, especially in this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said this is the second time this year, the VBS has granted the assistance for Lao Buddhists given Laos ' prolonged lockdown orders. This reflects the special friendship and solidarity between the two sanghas and the two nations, he affirmed.
Earlier, on October 18, the first half of the VBS donation was presented to Lao monks in Luang Prabang, which houses many ancient pagodas./.
- Vietnam, U.S. seek business opportunities amid COVID-19
- Lone Star College sets plans for fall classes amid COVID-19
- Vietnam Airlines looks for assistance amid COVID-19
- Businesses seek to optimise opportunities from EVFTA amid COVID-19
- Foreign giants eye business expansion amid COVID-19
- Ensuring safety for Vietnamese peacekeepers top priority amid COVID-19
- Vietnam, RoK examine ways to remove hurdles amid COVID-19
- Study predicts surge in HIV, TB and malaria deaths amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Indonesia backs MSMEs amid COVID-19
- Amid Covid-19 crisis, Donald Trump tells schools to ‘reopen or you may lose federal funds’
- Dems Direct Congress Members, Delegates Not to Attend National Convention Amid COVID-19 Spike in US
- Vietnam, US seek business opportunities amid COVID-19
- 346 Vietnamese citizens brought from US amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Thailand’s financial system more vulnerable amid COVID-19: BoT
- Red Cross urges halt to cyberattacks on healthcare sector amid COVID-19
- Thai ministry urges gov't to reopen checkpoints as border trade falls amid COVID-19
- US Senator Accuses China of Seizing Territory Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Uzbekistan provides medical equipment to Pakistan amid COVID-19
- International integration should be promoted amid COVID-19
- Roundup: Iran's top leader urges full adherence to health guidelines amid COVID-19 resurgence
Vietnam Buddhist Sangha aids Lao monks amid COVID-19 have 405 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.