The Covid-19 vaccines administered have to be approved by the health ministry for the particular age group, in accordance with instructions from their manufacturers.
The vaccines have to be administered in two doses, with both being of the same vaccine. Parents or other legal guardians must sign their consent for the children’s vaccination.
The ministry did not explicitly say which types of Covid-19 vaccine would be used for children aged 12-17. So far, only the Pfizer vaccine has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for thís particular age range.
Localities can formulate plans and begin giving out first vaccine shots from later this month, once all conditions are met, the ministry said. Local health departments would cooperate with their education department peers to list all students from 6th to 12th grades.
The shots would be given at fixed vaccination points and mobile vaccination stations. In localities where students are allowed to study in-person, children can be vaccinated at their schools.
Vietnam has vaccinated around 39.8 million adults with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot and 16.5 million have been fully vaccinated.
Children under 18 account for around 17 percent of all Covid-19 infections in Vietnam, according to data from the health ministry.
- EU regulator could approve Covid vaccines 'late 2020, early 2021'
- Covid vaccine be given first to vulnerable sections: Sadhguru
- Government asks drug regulator to 'understand the data' behind Oxford's Covid vaccine amid fears trial data was based on 'shaky science' because 'NO ONE who got the dose that had 90% success rate was aged over 55'
- Top Government scientist says there is 'enough' data to approve Oxford's Covid vaccine despite row over the 'shaky science' behind promising jab
- Severely obese people with BMIs over 40 should get a Covid vaccine BEFORE millions of healthy Brits aged 50 to 65, official guidance confirms
- Is December 9 the day Britain starts its Covid vaccination drive? Nottingham health chiefs say NHS-Army operation will 'go live' in a fortnight if a jab is approved – even though ministers wanted it ready from December 1
- Pfizer sends full results on breakthrough Covid vaccine to drugs watchdog in US so it can be approved for December roll-out
- Haryana health minister Anil Vij volunteers for Covid vaccine test
- Why AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID vaccine is best suited for India over Pfizer, Moderna shots
- United Airlines begins FIRST chartered flights to move Pfizer COVID vaccine as FAA approves plan to fly it in dry ice at minus 70 degrees and US prepares for mass inoculation program
- Countries Begin Planning COVID Vaccine Distribution
- The Covid vaccine results are great news, but it's not all over yet
- Coronavirus | Oxford University COVID-19 vaccine ‘encouraging’ for older age groups: study
- Delivering the Covid vaccine: How awesome challenge of inoculating billions of people could involve shark liver, tree bark and SAND
- Covid vaccine rush in China raises fears of booming black market, and India isn't immune either
- Britain has '50/50 chance' of becoming the first country in the world to have an approved coronavirus vaccine – and it could be NEXT WEEK, source says
- Telangana gets ready for Covid vaccine dry run
- COVID Vaccines Won't Be Mandatory for Tennessee Schoolchildren Says Governor, 'Vaccines Are a Choice'
- Hopes for British-made Covid vaccine by Christmas: Scientist leading Oxford University's AstraZeneca backed trial says tens of millions of doses are ready to be rolled out by the end of the year
- Amid questions over results, AstraZeneca likely to run fresh global Covid vaccine trial
Vietnam approves Covid vaccination for 12-17 age group have 553 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.