According to the ministry’s report, 3,789 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 47 localities including HCM City (1,131), Dong Nai (586), Binh Duong (533), Soc Trang (414), An Giang (170), Ca Mau (168), and Kien Giang (82). There were eight imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed an increase of 701 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 1,475 infections found in the community.
As of Friday evening, 852,986 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (415,875), Binh Duong (224,492), Dong Nai (57,708), Long An (33,614), and Tien Giang (14,844). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 857,639. The country now stands 40th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On October 15, an additional 918 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 788,923.
On Friday evening, a further 93 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 20,950. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (61), Binh Duong (18), Tien Giang (4), Tay Ninh (2), Long An (2), Dong Nai (2), Dong Thap (1), Dak Lak (1), Kien Giang (1), and Soc Trang (1).
Vietnam today administered more than 1.31 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 59.00 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 17.19 million people having received two doses.
- Organisations to sponsor Covid-19 vaccine and prevention projects
- WHO lauds Vietnam response to Covid-19 epidemic
- WHO: Vietnam manages COVID-19 outbreak well
- COVID-19 sends Vietnam's gold price soaring to 8-yr high
- Vietnam Airlines loses up to $10.8 million a week to Covid-19
- ‘I am safe’: Vietnam preps campaign to boost tourism post-COVID-19
- Vietnam tourism to recover after COVID-19
- Working from home during Covid-19 threat: No bed of roses
- ASEAN joins hands to fight Covid-19
- ASEAN, China enhance cooperation in response to COVID-19
- US lauds Việt Nam’s medical capacity in dealing with COVID-19
- COVID-19 crisis to subside in second half: Thai minister
- Major leap in Vietnam’s efforts to combat COVID-19 outbreak
- Chinese doctors 'using plasma therapy' on COVID-19 patients
- Epidemic of rumours breaks out amid COVID-19 crisis
- Export-import to China impacted by COVID-19
- A decade before coronavirus, I covered the swine flu pandemic. Here's how it compares to COVID-19
- Two more COVID-19 patients discharged from Hanoi hospital
- Amway Vietnam provides assistance to combat COVID-19
- Garment group to provide 6 million face masks in February amid COVID-19
Vietnam administers 1.3 million Covid-19 vaccine doses on Friday have 439 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.