“Vietnam is temporarily accepting the vaccination certificate forms, otherwise known as vaccine passports, from 72 countries and territories that have been recommended to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs via representatives,” foreign ministry spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang said at a press meet.
She was responding to questions about Vietnam's policies to let fully vaccinated foreigners enter the country.
“The ministry is also discussing with nearly 80 partners the acceptance of each other's vaccine passports. Vietnam's vaccination certificates have also been accepted by certain countries and can be used to enter those countries,” Hang said.
In September, Quang Ninh's Van Don Airport welcomed several flights with vaccine passport holders on a trial basis, allowing hundreds of Vietnamese from the U.S., France and Japan to return to Vietnam. All passengers were fully vaccinated, in good health and had coronavirus negative results from tests done within 72 hours before their flights.
Under current rules, even those with vaccine passports have to undergo centralized quarantine for seven days.
- 27 Countries That Accept U.S. Dollars as Currency
- Cambodia Accused Vietnam of Systematic Logging Fraud
- Who Is Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh? Vietnam's First Female President Takes Over After Tran Dai Quang Passes at 61
- US is denying passports to Americans along the border
- Medical groups ask Buehler to retract vaccine stance
- Former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam criticizes new diplomatic visa policy
- U.S. Is Working to Stop Spread of Diseases as Thousands of Venezuelans Flee Their Country
- City National Accepting Applications For Literacy Grants Totaling Up to $80,000
- Russia Trolls CIA Over World Cup: 'Congratulations Accepted'—Now Add Crimea to Our Map
- Japan has world's most powerful passport, report finds; USA's is bumped to fifth
- Watchdog knocks State over seizures of Americans' passports
- U.S. is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question
- US is denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question
- US is denying passports to Americans along border
- U.S. denies passports, questions citizenship of Americans on the border
- Trump Administration denying passports to Latino Americans along border, throwing their citizenship into question
- The Latest: Some in Vietnam say McCain ‘fought for peace’
- U.S. denying passports to Americans along the border, throwing their citizenship into question
- Mattis trip to Vietnam aimed at countering China’s influence
- Air Canada breach involves passport data
Vietnam accepts vaccine passports from 72 countries, territories have 378 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.