HÀ NỘI — The Vietnam Report and online newspaper VietNamNet have just announced the Profit 500 list, featuring the top 500 most profitable enterprises in Việt Nam this year.
Prominent in the list are Samsung Electronics Thai Nguyen Co Ltd, Viettel Military Industry and Telecoms Group (Viettel), Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam), Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank), Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank), Hoa Phat Group JSC, Vietnam Electricity (EVN), Vingroup, and Vietnam Dairy Products JSC (Vinamilk).
During the 2017-21 period, the three sectors of property development and construction, finance, and food and beverages, had the largest number of companies in the rankings, said General Director of the Vietnam Report JSC Vũ Đăng Vinh.
The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of all companies in the Profit 500 list this year averaged 10.12 per cent.
Statistics also indicate that 53.1 per cent of 339 publicly traded companies maintain their growth momentum during 2019-20 and the first half of this year.
Meanwhile, 24.4 per cent of firms have shown signs of recovery in the first half of 2021.
Due to difficulties caused by COVID-19, the return on asset (ROA) of foreign enterprises inched down by 0.1 per cent from 2020 to 12.4 per cent this year, while that of the private economic sector saw a year-on-year decline of 0.4 per cent to 9.4 per cent.
ROA of public firms fell to 8.4 per cent from 11.7 per cent recorded in the previous year. — VNS
- Forbes announces 100 largest firms in Viet Nam for first time
- Viet Nam’s economy is expected to maintain good growth in 2020
- Top 10 economic events of Viet Nam in 2019
- Viet Nam's agriculture sector sets goals for 2020
- Hotel Royal Hoi An – MGallery named among Top 10 Hotel Brands in Viet Nam
- Viet Nam strives for $4 billion in cashew exports next year
- Viet Nam’s GDP jumps 7.02 per cent in 2019
- Viet Nam gains record number of new firms in 2019
- Viet Nam’s 2019 trade surplus hits four-year record
- 5G key for Viet Nam in Industry 4.0
- Viet Nam’s FDI capital hits 10-year record in 2019
- Viet Nam sees positive labour growth in 2019
- Daikin set to make ducted ceiling-mounted air conditioner in Viet Nam
- Strong internal controls can enhance profitability
- Forbes announces 100 largest firms in Việt Nam for first time
- Australian volunteers give back to Việt Nam
- Việt Nam’s 2019 trade surplus hits four-year record
- Việt Nam gains record number of new firms in 2019
- Việt Nam aims to improve economic competitiveness
- Việt Nam, Laos hold sixth ministerial consultation
Việt Nam’s 500 most profitable enterprises in 2021 announced have 411 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.