HÀ NỘI — Minister of Foreign Affairs Bùi Thanh Sơn has affirmed that Việt Nam always treasures and wishes to enhance all-around cooperation with Poland.
During a reception in Hà Nội on Wednesday for Polish Ambassador in Việt Nam Wojciech Gerwel, Sơn suggested both sides continue facilitating the exchange of visits by senior leaders and officials of ministries and agencies to foster political trust and mutual understanding, thus laying a foundation to expand bilateral collaboration in various fields.
He thanked the Polish Government and people for donating 501,600 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Việt Nam and key medical supplies to HCM City to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. This week, Poland will also deliver 890,000 doses of AstraZeneca to Việt Nam.
Sơn hailed Poland as the biggest trade partner of Việt Nam in Central and Eastern Europe. Two-way trade was maintained at an impressive figure in the first eight months of this year, reaching US$1.67 billion.
The host proposed Poland soon ratify the European Union-Việt Nam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA) and launch the bilateral economic cooperation consultation mechanism to tap benefits brought about by the EU-Việt Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the EVIPA.
Ambassador Gerwel, for his part, vowed to keep striving to further consolidate and tighten the traditional friendship and cooperation between the two countries to meet their practical interests. — VNS
- September 30-October 6: Lao Prime Minister visits Vietnam
- Vietnam urges relevant parties in SCS to respect international law
- VN food looks to make it big in Thailand
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh's remarks at General Debate of UNGA74
- Wake-up call in ODA use and management
- Cuisine festival helps introduce Vietnam’s images to int’l friends
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by the European People’s Party: EPP D-day — 20 women shaping BXL — Italy’s new headache
- Legacy Issue: Comedy On Siege Of Leningrad Attracts The Spotlight
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9
- Preserving and promoting heritage value - way to foster Vietnam’s soft power: PM
- POLITICO London Playbook: PM in Argentina — Fox out of the box — Parliament ready to take back control
- Immigration from outside EU has soared to its highest level since 2004 – as more Romanians settle in the UK
Việt Nam thanks Poland for further donation of 890,000 vaccine doses: Foreign minister have 392 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.