HÀ NỘI — Prime Minister Phạm Minh Chính said Việt Nam applauded and supported the Republic of Korea (RoK) in implementing its enhanced New Southern Policy, promoting cooperation with the region for targets towards people, peace and prosperity.
The Government leader made the statement while addressing the virtual ASEAN-RoK Summit on Tuesday.
He said that over the past three decades, ASEAN-RoK relations had developed strongly and gained many important and practical results, contributing to peace, security and prosperity in the region.
PM Chính spoke highly of the RoK's financial assistance worth US$30 million to support ASEAN's efforts in coping with the COVID-19 pandemic. He also thanked the RoK for its recent contribution of an additional $5 million to the ASEAN COVID-19 Response Fund and donated 1.1 million doses of vaccine for Việt Nam.
As the coordinator for the ASEAN-RoK relationship, PM Chính suggested strengthening efforts to effectively control the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the success of the cooperation goal for the people and for prosperity.
With the RoK's plan to become a vaccine production centre in the region, he proposed the RoK and the ASEAN to actively coordinate to form an autonomous COVID-19 vaccine supply chain in the region, tapping the resources and the strengths of the two sides.
"We affirm commitment of the governments of ASEAN countries to create favourable conditions and support the business community to maintain stable production and business, thus making effective contribution to the recovery process and sustainable development," he said.
The PM also suggested the two sides continue creating conditions for entrepreneurs, investors, experts and skilled workers to travel but must ensure medical requirements.
With its strength in terms of digital technology and digital economy, ASEAN hoped to get support from the RoK to speed up the digital transformation process to help contribute to the pandemic control and recovery process, he said.
As an active partner supporting ASEAN in sustainable development and narrowing development gap, ASEAN wished the RoK to continue these efforts, he said.
He suggested ASEAN and the RoK continue coordinate and contribute to efforts to cope with security threats in the region.
Accordingly, PM Chính supported and proposed the summit adopt the joint declaration on enhancing the ASEAN-RoK cooperation. — VNS
- Old Bangkok Arport to Reopen for Regional Flights - Bangkok New Airport Needs Repairs
- New Defense Secretary Changes Everything - Perhaps
- The Experience of Financial Markets Regulation in the Southern African Region - Part Two -
- The Regulation Of Financial Markets In The Southern African Region - Current Status And Developments
- A Sustainable Business Network Model for Southern Africa
- Chief: Officer's Proud Boys membership didn't break policy
- The Legal Protection of International Investments in Eastern and Southern Africa - Lessons From Case
- Chief: Officer’s Proud Boys membership didn’t break policy
- Forgiveness - Ordinary Acts
- Land of Morning Calm - 50 Years Later
- Defining a R&D Framework for Entrepreneurship and Innovation on Information Product Generation
- World War III - Islamic Middle East Terrorism - Petroleum Business
- How Television Shows Reflect the State of the National Psyche
- Political Corruption, is It in the Stars? -- Saturn Oppose Neptune, August 18, 2006 - July 10, 2007
- Is Senator John Mccain Overrated?
- MOVING TO CANADA IS A JOKE...The Economic, Military, and Social Integration of North America
- Sigmund Freud's Nephew and Corporate Alien Control
- The Rev Dr Martin Luther King, Jr
- Interview With Frank McGee, Author of "A Song for the World"
- North Korea - Yes, You Have Our Attention
Việt Nam supports RoK’s new Southern policy have 588 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.