At the meeting, Xuan highlighted Vietnamese women's great contributions to the country's reform and international integration, as well as achievements Vietnam has recorded in women's empowerment in various spheres.
She also reiterated Vietnam's consistent priority of promoting gender equality and empowering women and girls.
The country has made progress in raising gender equality in politics, the Vice President said, adding that women account for 30.26 percent of the National Assembly deputies, the highest over the past 45 years, and half of leaders of ministries and ministerial-level agencies.
The rate of women-led businesses also reaches 26.5 percent, placing Vietnam sixth among countries with the highest number of businesswomen, Xuan continued.
She suggested the ambassadors and chargés d’ affaires further contribute to facilitating travelling and trading between the countries, and boosting exchanges and meetings of all-level delegations, preparing for cooperation post COVID-19.
The Vice President also called for tightened cooperation in promoting gender equality, both bilaterally and multilaterally, for sustainable development goals, and for a dynamic, inclusive and prosperous future.
She expressed her hope that with the existing foundation, efforts by the diplomats and Vietnam's initiatives, relations between Vietnam and countries will prosper in the time ahead.
For their part, the diplomats said Vietnam always strongly supports women's rights and gender equality to fully uphold their role and power in national construction and defense, and raise their position in political, economic, cultural and social fields.
Vietnam has continuously taken the lead in agendas on women, peace and security, both regionally and internationally, they said, noting that more and more Vietnamese women officers have joined U.N. peacekeeping operations , making an example for other countries.
They expressed their readiness to cooperate with Vietnam in issues relating to gender equality through different means and forms such as development cooperation, business and trade initiatives, policy dialogues and experience sharing to better empower women and girls.
- Former Vice President Al Gore offers one word of advice to President Trump
- Merchants association warns Vice President Biden that blaming violent media can distract from meaningful change
- 'Stay away!' Iran's President Rouhani issues chilling warning to the West to keep out of the Gulf as he parades nation's military hardware - including missiles which could reach US bases - after America sent reinforcements to the region
- Iran's president taunts America over 'desperate' sanctions before leaving for UN summit in New York - as Tehran announces joint military drills with Russia and China
- Washington Post: President Nancy Pelosi ‘Could Happen’
- President Trump meets North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam for second nuclear summit
- Russia - high priority in Vietnam’s diplomatic policy: President
- Konami's new president on the game maker's future and 'mobile first' strategy
- Sony won't charge for PS4 Pro patches for 4K and HDR (update)
- European Union meeting with Apple, Google, others on in-app purchase concerns
- Trump reportedly picks Heather Nauert to replace Nikki Haley as U.N. ambassador
- PM Modi meets Mongolian President Battulga in Russia
- Lisa Taddeo explores female sexuality and desire in
- Nintendo appoints a new president amid corporate reorganization
- Putin attacks Western views on gay rights and multiculturalism and says immigrants are free to 'kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights are protected' ahead of G20 meeting with May
- Trump’s policies are hurting the US game industry, say EA and Take-Two
- Airbus may leave UK unless there is urgent clarity on Brexit trade
- This Week in Games - November 11, 2012
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Democratic Senator Gillibrand to launch 2020 White House bid
Vice President meets female foreign ambassadors, chargés d' affaires have 605 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.