The Ministry of Health plans to conduct vaccinations against COVID-19 for children aged 12-17 in late October, with those aged 16 – 17 to get the shots first
At present, the ministry has not decided which vaccine to choose yet, but will use vaccines that have been thoroughly researched and are safe for children. In addition, it will consult all studies in the world to apply, in order to create the best conditions for all vaccines applied to children in Vietnam.
The inoculation process will depend on the vaccine supply and the pandemic situation in each locality, the ministry said.
Prof. Dang Duc Anh, Director of the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, said that there are currently two vaccines that can be given to children, namely the vaccine of Pfizer, which is given to children aged 12-18, and that of Sinopharm which can be given to children from 3 years of age and older as recommended by the producer.
Currently, the health sector is carrying out guidelines or plans to launch an vaccination drive for children as soon as possible.
According to Dr Kidong Park, World Health Organisation (WHO) Representative in Vietnam, WHO recommends that children with severe chronic diseases can be vaccinated against COVID-19 if there is enough supply.
Vietnam is now home to over 8.1 million children aged between 12-17. According to statistics of the health sector, there are more than 20,000 under-15 children with COVID-19 being treated at medical facilities nationwide, not to mention those who have no symptoms, or have mild illness only and are being treated at home./.
- Vaccine-Autism Scare: Researcher Who Started It All Falsified Data?
- RFK Jr.'s New York City vaccine forum highlights concerns about anti-vaccine leaders targeting minority communities
- 'I've done lots of research': Pregnant wife of NRL star Bryce Cartwright defends not immunising her kids - after a wave of outrage at her anti-vax beliefs
- 'It gives you hope': the fight to save the fertility of children with cancer
- How to give your children a head start in investing
- Nurses slam Health Secretary for suggesting school ban on unvaccinated children
- MMR Vaccine Scare: Andrew Wakefield’s Fraudulent Study
- Exclusive | 10 years on: How govt's Rs 600cr vaccine complex failed to take-off
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey slammed for praising fitness writer who claimed 'vaccines do indeed cause autism' after he appeared on his podcast
- Healthcare centres out of vaccine
- Pneumonia decreases by 35% in children receiving vaccine: Study
- These vaccinations could save your life
- Pneumonia Decreases By 35% in Children: Study
- Nyandarua targets to have 8,650 girls receive HPV vaccine
- The Psychology of Vaccine Choice: Two Examples, One Warning
- Johnson & Johnson files for European approval of Ebola vaccine
- With 60,000 children going missing in India every year, social media has propelled child lifting fear
- The proof that British nuclear test crews WERE used as human guinea pigs by their own government
- Teenage girls who use social media three times a day 'are more likely to have anxiety because they get less sleep, exercise and are exposed to cyber bullying'
- Health experts discuss children’s nutrition
Vaccines used for children to be researched, considered thoroughly: ministry have 488 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.