At the event, Deputy Minister of Health Tran Van Thuan said Vietnam has so far licensed eight types of COVID-19 vaccines for emergency use, built specific criteria and standards for licensing home-grown vaccines based on feedback from experts of the World Health Organization, which are scheduled to be issued before October 20.
About medicines, the Ministry of Health will create favorable conditions for firms to import materials and prepare for production after they are officially licensed. Several companies have received technologies to produce rapid antigen testing kits at reasonable costs.
Dam, who is also Deputy Head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, said Vietnam has mastered technologies to produce biological products for testing and anti-pandemic equipment. At the same time, vaccine research and production have made initial positive steps with clinical trials since the middle of this year.
The Ministry of Health also reported that Vietnam has fully been self-sufficient in biological products for RT-PCR and rapid anti-gen testing.
The Deputy PM asked the Ministry of Science and Technology to promptly carry out the vaccine research program till 2030 and scientific tasks for pandemic prevention and control, update the latest advanced technologies for the effort, and report issues out of its authority to the PM.
The Ministry of Health was assigned to work with ministries and agencies concerned to forecast the pandemic situation and demand for vaccines, medicines, biological products and anti-pandemic equipment. Considering the domestic situation, it should build a plan to import them in an economical and effective manner while encouraging the development of the domestic pharmaceutical industry.
The Ministries of Finance, Planning and Investment, Health, Science and Technology and the Vietnam Social Security must actively deal with suggestions by localities, medical establishments and enterprises regarding procurement mechanism and payment.
- Record number of documents adopted within AMM 53: Deputy PM
- Human resources key to success in digital transformation: Deputy PM
- Post-Covid design: Envisioning the home in the new normal
- Speech by Deputy PM, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh at AMM-53 opening session
- Antibody Tests, Hailed as Route to Return to Normal, Disappoint
- 'This is another nail in the coffin': Firms say new lockdown rules have left them fearing for the future and will be a setback to getting workers back to the office to save town and city centres
- Boris's mass COVID testing moonshot 'to cost £100BILLION': PM's plan to get life back to normal is forecast to cost almost as much as entire NHS budget - as experts warn it may not even be possible
- Thank you, Generation Z: Chris Whitty blames huge spike in cases 17-29 year-olds for tough new curbs as Boris reveals police can now ARREST groups of more than six people and DELAYS plans to let more than 1,000 sports and music fans back into stadiums
- Army could be drafted in to deliver 'moonshot' vaccination drive at empty NHS Nightingale hospital sites - as government's screening advisers say they've NOT been consulted
- Boss of biotech company tasked with making coronavirus vaccine slams Dan Andrews' lockdown strategy as a 'map for misery' amid calls for curfew to be lifted - and warns there may NEVER be a jab
- China is building a new 'COVID-proof' city designed to make lockdowns easier in future pandemics
- Pfizer proposes expanding Covid-19 vaccine trial to include more diversity as race for a vaccine continues
- NEP 2020: Education policy will reduce brain-drain to other nations, says PM Narendra Modi
- The Covid-19 vaccine gamble: where bets have been placed and why
- The US needs 200 million tests a month to reel in Covid-19 pandemic, report says
- Anti-Vaxxers Feed Off Democrats' Skepticism of COVID Vaccine
- New lockdown measures feared just days away as Britain records 14,542 new Covid-19 cases - triple what they were a fortnight ago - and 76 more deaths
- Second opinion: A Capitalist Socialist vaccine
- Myer boss reveals a glaring hole in Daniel Andrews' roadmap out of lockdown - as new poll reveals Victorian premier's once untouchable popularity is nosediving
- PM's own SAGE experts warned his £100bn 'Moonshot' plan to save Christmas by testing 10m people a day might be a waste of money and will deliver too many false results - as ministers admit the technology may NEVER exist
Vaccine self-sufficiency needed to return to new normal: Deputy PM have 680 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.