Hanoi(VNA) – US President Joe Biden attended the ninth ASEAN-US Summit on October 26 via videoconference, becoming the first US top leader to join a meeting with the ASEAN leaders in the recent four years after his predecessor, Donald Trump, participated in an ASEAN-US Summit in Manila in 2017.
Addressing the summit, Biden affirmed that the US is committed to the central role of the 10-nation ASEAN in the region, adding that the relationship between the US and ASEAN is vital for the future of one billion of people.
"Our partnership is essential in maintaining a free and open Indo-Pacific, which has been the foundation of our shared security and prosperity for many decades," he stated.
At the summit, Biden also announced an over 100 million USD initiative to beef up the US relationship with Southeast Asian nations. The amount will be spent on health care, climate, economic recovery and educational programmes.
One day after the summit, Biden will participate in the broader East Asia Summit , which brings together ASEAN and other nations in the Indo-Pacific region./.
- ASEAN cooperation helps Brunei diversify economy
- How to Build Positive Relationships
- Vietnam president stresses vigilance of sovereignty protection
- Vietnam and Spain: not an ephemeral relationship
- How to decipher your relationship's 'love language'
- The Power of Mother/Daughter Relationships as Depicted in African American Lit
- Healing Your Emotional Relationship with Food
- What Does it Take for a Relationship to Work
- How to Fix Relationship Problems – Overcoming Fear of Rejection
- Russia's uneasy relationship with Europe
- Ask me anything: Ukraine's president holds 14-hour press conference
- Emotional Intelligence - The Importance of Self-Leadership
- Bracing Philippine Relationships with Communication
- Technology is redefining that client-financial advisor relationship
- A Relationship With Jeffrey Epstein That Bill Gates Now 'Regrets'
- Build Relationships
- C-Level Relationship Selling: Selling at the C-Level, The 5 Elements: Part III - Confidence
- Dow Jones Gold Ratio: Making Money from this All-Important Indicator
- Letters: Importance of alternate views (10/10/19)
- Merkel Says Germany and France Should Deepen Relationship
US President affirms importance of US-ASEAN relationship have 323 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.