HÀ NỘI — The US Consulate General in HCM City on Friday awarded a US$2.96 million grant to AMI AC Renewables to construct a battery energy storage system pilot project in Việt Nam.
The project will use cutting-edge American technology and equipment to demonstrate how advanced energy storage can reduce power losses and help Việt Nam integrate greater renewable energy into its power system. It will be built and integrated into a 50MW Solar Farm operated by AMI AC Renewables in Khánh Hòa Province.
"We are pleased to support Việt Nam's efforts to expand renewable energy generation, and reduce reliance on coal," said Marie C. Damour, Chargé d'Affaires a.i. for the US Mission to Việt Nam at the signing ceremony during the US-Vietnam Energy Security Dialogue.
"This project will show how cutting-edge US energy storage technology can advance these goals and accelerate Việt Nam's transition to a clean energy economy for a climate-resilient future," Damour said.
"We're delighted to be entrusted by the US Consulate General to pilot and spearhead battery energy storage systems in Việt Nam," said Nguyễn Nam Thắng, CEO of AMI AC Renewables. "Our solar plant in Khánh Hòa province is an ideal place to demonstrate how energy storage can help Việt Nam reach its full renewable energy potential."
Energy storage is the key to unlock the potential of renewables and is a vital component of the energy transition. The project comes after a study funded by the US Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) to examine the feasibility of deploying advanced energy storage technologies in Việt Nam. — VNS
- Luxembourg and Việt Nam: building a more resilient and sustainable world
- Apple’s renewable energy practices power up with 110-plus suppliers, including those from India
- Adani Green Energy to acquire 5GW renewable portfolio from SB Energy for $3.5 billion
- Vietnam's largest waste-to-energy plant nears completion
- The massive green power projects stuck in limbo
- Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P. (BEP) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Danang launches U.S.-backed urban energy security project
- Renewable energy: Swansea homes retrofitted with smart tech
- Thuan Nam District's ambitious plans to become industrial, energy hub
- Japan, South Korea consortium awarded US$1.3B contract for power project in Vietnam
- Equilibrium/Sustainability — Presented by NextEra Energy — NASA head doesn't think humans 'alone' in universe
- The story of plastic: Solutions and efforts of Unilever Vietnam towards sustainable development
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 21
- Green hydrogen development associated with offshore wind power, experts say
- Phillips 66 (PSX) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Macron’s best bet is the real nuclear option
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 2
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 4
US awards grant to AMI AC Renewables to construct energy storage pilot project in Việt Nam have 464 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.