The meeting is scheduled to take place in one and half a day at three places of 11 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, 272 Vo Thi Sau and 255 Tran Hung Dao street. At the beginning of the meeting, the delegates spent a minute to commemorate people, frontline forces, medical workers who have sacrificed and died from Covid-19.
Attending the meeting were Mr. Nguyen Van Nen, Politburo member, Secretary of Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee ; Nguyen Thien Nhan, former Politburo member, former Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee, Head of Ho Chi Minh City Delegation of the 14th National Assembly Deputies and Deputy of the 15th National Assembly; Phan Van Mai, Member of the Party Central Committee, Standing Deputy Secretary of the HCMC Party Committee, Chairman of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, Head of the HCMC Delegation of the 15th National Assembly Deputies.
It is forecasted that the completion of the 2021 plan will face difficulties although the state budget revenue will not decrease sharply.
Besides, the city will continue to perform tasks, the target of socio-economic development and the implementation of the Resolution of the 13th Party Congress, the Resolution of the 11th Ho Chi Minh City Party Congress and the Resolution No. 131 of the National Assembly on the organization of urban administration in Ho Chi Minh City with specific mechanisms.
Chairwoman Le said that the delegates also approved important decisions and solutions to support agricultural production activities, businesses without revenue due to the Covid-19 impacts, call for investment in socio-economic recovery and the city development, propose the city’s socio-economic development plan and support policies in the fields of economy and education.
The city leader also expressed her thankfulness to the Party Committees and people of provinces and cities and forces nationwide and foreign countries for their supports to the Covid-19 fight in HCMC; and highly appreciated the responsibility, initiative and creativity of the Steering Committees for Covid-19 Pandemic Prevention and Control of 312 communes and towns in the past time, especially the drastic direction of the leaders of the Central and ministries, on-time supports from working groups, organizations, individuals and great contributions of frontline forces, doctors, police, medical workers military forces, civil servants, officials, volunteers in the Covid-19 fight.
Up to now, 21 districts and Thu Duc City have reached the criteria for pandemic control and are ready for the new normalcy .
By October 17, HCMC recorded 417,208 coronavirus infections, including 240,797 recovered patients from hospitals and medical facilities; the new number of infections and deaths decreased. As for adults over 18 years old, the rate of the first doses of vaccination reached nearly 99 percent and the rate of the second doses was over 76 percent.
Following the implementation of Directive No. 18 dated September 30, 2021, of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City, the city has piloted the reopening of some socio-economic activities based on the safety criteria. These are positive signals for the city to continue to implement solutions for economic recovery and development, added Ms. Le.
Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Le required the delegates to carefully study the contents, actively discuss, express their opinions clearly and create unity for the People’s Council of Ho Chi Minh City to approve resolutions feasibly, contributing to meeting the city’s socio-economic development requirements in the new phase.
In the afternoon of October 18, the delegates shall discuss the medium-term investment plan in the period of 2021- 2025 and the socio-economy situation.
In the morning of October 19, the delegates will discuss key contents, pass the Resolution on the city’s socio-economy tasks by the end of 2021 and personnel work of the Municipal People's Committee.
By Manh Hoa – Translated by Huyen Huong
- Council opens public consultation on tax reduction scheme
- Mideast: Palestinian National Council opens in Ramallah
- Sanctuary Housing in Chester holding summer activity sessions for young people
- Sanctuary Housing to hold summer activity sessions for young people
- Council opens reuse shop at Thorn Turn Recycling Centre
- Nottinghamshire County Council opens new £230,000 Ordsall footbridge
- Great Bromley pub chosen by Essex County Council to host brand new community library
- Bude Motor Club's 10th annual motor and classic show for charity
- Talks underway for Babergh and Mid Suffolk councils to join pop-up libraries and help customers
- Plans to tackle homelessness drawn up by Vale Council and partners
- Raising a glass in Camelford as refurbished library and council offices are officially opened
- Camelford Library re-opens as a community hub
- Students won't be able to open windows at
- New Longshed building designed to brighten Woodbridge’s Waterfront opened at Whisstocks development site
- Fury over application for land after Dundee council previously rejected housing plan
- Why are so many people in Hull dying alone?
- This posh sandwich chain will FINALLY be opening in Hull
- Call goes out for people who would benefit from the town’s next community Christmas lunch
- Polls open in Leiston for all-female candidate by-election
- 'Smallest Nightclub in the World' opens for the first time
Third session of 10th HCMC People's Council opened have 1073 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.