Hanoi-based Spanish designer Diego Chula died while designing a brocade collection for the fashion show titled "Vietnam's National Day", which will be on stage on December 30 at Vietnam Pavilion – Dubai Expo 2020.
The renowned designer who won the heart of fashion lovers in Vietnam passed away on October 13 at the age of 49, of a heart stroke.
Fashion designer Diego Chula receives flowers from Vietnam Design Week's Organizing Committee
His sudden death left many local artists and designers shock and saddened. Diego is considered a talented designer who is passionate about fashion.
Diego Chula whose real name is Diego Del Valle Cortizas, was born on September 16, 1972, in Madrid. He settled down in Hanoi with his family in 2004. They opened a fashion house and created the brand Chula Design. All of Chula fashion products are made by local people with disabilities.
Having a great passion for Vietnamese traditional materials of silk and brocade, Diego applied them to his innovative ao dai designs as well as other western-style outfits, creating chic and unique pieces of fashion.
Diego's style was always influenced by architecture, with striking and impressive color choices, emitting the messages of optimism, love of peace, and sharing.
|The Hoan Kiem District Culture, Information, and Sports Center in collaboration with Phuc Tan Ward and artists from the "Phuc Tan Public Art" project organized a special ao dai fashion show of the designer Diego Chula on March 20. Photo: Thoi trang tre|
Chula's collections have been regularly featured at Vietnam Fashion Week since the early 2010s, making Diego the only international designer with the most displays.
Vietnam Design Week paid tribute to Diego on Facebook: "He is an inspiration, a great personality who is always generous with the Vietnamese creative community. Diego has really made improvements and contributions to the local design industry through his approach, concept, and works. You did bring us to the sunny side, Diego! Rest in peace!"
Apart from fashion design, Chula and his family were also active in community work. Earlier this year, he joined the Phuc Tan art project on the banks of the Red River. The designer has turned the old chicken cages at the Long Bien night market into unique lamps.
|Chula's ao dai collection inspired by Hanoi culture and Long Bien bridge was gracefully and emotionally performed by amateur models who are residents of Phuc Tan Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi. Photo: Thoi trang tre|
Painter and visual artist Nguyen The Son shared that he was grieved over the death of the Spaniard.
"Hanoi owes you a lot, Diego! Still can't believe and don't want to believe this is true. There still many exhibitions, fashion shows, and public art projects are waiting for your contributions!" Son expressed his feeling.
Designer Vu Viet Ha, a Diego's long-time close friend expressed grief over the loss. "Diego is very thoughtful, always generous to his friends. Like a passionate talented Mozaic artist, he assembles the pieces of brocade and silk into costumes, turning them into artworks", he mourned on his Facebook profile.
- Dismay as yet another 1966 World Cup hero passes away without a knighthood - as failure to present the award to Jack Charlton is branded a 'disgrace'
- Britain's Got Talent: the stars who sadly passed away
- Veteran actor Jagdeep, who played Soorma Bhopali in 'Sholay', passes away; Anil Kapoor remembers 'one of the greatest actors of India'
- Actor Jagdeep passes away
- Bob Weighton dies: World's oldest man passes away aged 112 after cancer battle
- Milton Glaser dead – Designer of ‘I Love NY’ logo passes away on his 91st birthday
- Grant Imahara dead – MythBusters host passes away suddenly aged 49 after a brain aneurysm
- Galyn Gorg dead at 55: Actress who appeared in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air passes away
- Lucasfilm and MythBusters roboticist Grant Imahara has passed away
- 'Utterly heartbroken and completely in shock': Love Island's Molly-Mae Hague announces her pet puppy Mr Chai has died just SIX DAYS after she and Tommy Fury brought him home
- Love Island's Molly-Mae Hague goes braless as she poses beside her fridge in her lavish new Cheshire apartment
- Amitabh Bachchan Remembers Sholay Co-Star Jagdeep: A Humble Human, Loved By Millions
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on ‘The Client List’ Season Finale
- Love Island's Malin Andersson shows off her killer curves in an animal print bikini as she lays a brick wall in the sunshine
- Love Island's Molly-Mae Hague opts for low-key double denim as she goes food shopping with beau Tommy Fury
- 'Mucho Mucho Amor' Documentarians on Capturing Walter Mercado's "Message of Love"
- Working with world experts gives students an edge at British International School Hanoi
- Injury crisis hobbles Hanoi FC
- Ageing underground wells in the heart of Hanoi
- British holidaymakers are the pariahs of Europe with the French, Spanish, Italians and Germans wanting UK visitors to stay away more than those from any other European country
The Spanish designer with great love for Hanoi passes away have 807 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.