Hanoi (VNA) – Thailand will lift quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated visitors from 46 countries instead of only 10 ones as announced earlier, starting from November 1.
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha made the decision on October 21 as the country is looking to revive its tourism industry .
Earlier, the Thai PM said tourists from around 10 countries would be allowed to visit Thailand by air without quarantine, provided they have been fully vaccinated and have evidence of pre-flight negative test results.
Thai government officials recently inspected the readiness of the country’s airports to welcome quarantine-free travellers, after almost two years of COVID-19 preventive measures.
From November 1, the country will allow vaccinated arrivals from low risk countries to return to its popular destinations like Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
Thailand piloted reopening earlier this year in its resort island of Phuket, allowing fully-vaccinated tourists to skip Thailand's mandatory two-week quarantine provided they remained on the island.
Tourism before the pandemic was a leading driver of the economy, accounting for 12 percent of GDP.
However, the tourism authority has forecast foreign arrivals will drop to just 100,000 this year, down from 40 million in 2019 before the pandemic struck.
Thailand has recorded nearly 1.8 million COVID-19 cases and 18,486 fatalities since the pandemic began./.
- Latest Foreign Office updates for holidaymakers heading abroad
- Travel warnings updated for Spain, Greece, Tunisia and Thailand
- Travel warnings updates for Spain, Greece, Thailand and Tunisia
- Updated travel warnings for Spain, Greece, Egypt and Thailand
- Latest Foreign Office travel advice for Brits heading overseas
- UK Foreign Office travel warnings for Spain
- Japan law loosens rules for self-driving cars
- US President Trump tightens travel restrictions to Cuba
- Foreign visitors to Japan rise to 2.9 million in April
- Thailand's general-turned-PM declares end of military rule
- Turkish foreign policy becoming more visionary, experts say
- Experts highlight Ankara’s evolving foreign policy perspectives
- What Foreign Office says about popular holiday destinations
- Hrodna is learning to handle more foreign tourists
- Sex offender jailed after breaking foreign travel rules
- Mexico 'disagrees' with Trump asylum restrictions
- Ministers reverse May-era foreign student rules
- Russian stocks rise following foreign markets, Gazprom rally
- Latest travel warnings for anyone jetting abroad this summer
- The travel warnings you need to read before jetting off
Thailand to loosen COVID-19 restrictions for foreigners have 356 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.