Bangkok (VNA) – Reopening the tourism industry to vaccinated foreigners from November will help drive GDP growth and sustain business confidence of Thailand, according to the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI).
Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on October 11 stressed that Thailand should not lose the ” golden time ” to earn revenue during the end of the year, insisting the reopening date will be on November 1.
Revenue from tourism, which makes up 10 percent of Thailand's GDP, is a quick way to boost the domestic economy, said the FTI.
The federation expects foreign arrivals would help Thailand reach its GDP growth target of 0 – 1 percent this year.
Local media on October 13 quoted FTI Chairman Supant Mongkolsuthree as saying that Thailand must learn to live with COVID-19 and let everything run by itself.
It is time for Thailand to bring back bustling business activities, while maintaining necessary measures against the pandemic, he said.
Chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC) Sanan Angubolkul said the agency supports the government's plan to fully re-open to vaccinated tourists from countries deemed low risk from November 1, saying the decision is a good sign for the country's economy./.
- The Impact of India's Economic Growth on Tourism
- What could Macedonia Learn from a Tiger? Asian Tigers and Uninterrupted Economic Growth
- Maine's Economic Recovery; Market Sectors for Economic Growth
- Research report covers the Tourism Market share and Growth, 2014-2020
- Ba Na Hills – growth from a cable car system
- Business and Market Overview on Thailand
- Medical Tourism Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast to 2019
- Medical Tourism: Emerging Destinations
- Ba Na Hills turns Vietnam into emerging leisure tourism destination
- Eco-Tourism: Responsible Holiday Adventures
- Tourism Product Development
- Economic Free Zones in Macedonia
- Cosmetic surgery and medical tourism in India
- Impact Of Nutrition On Nations Produtivity And Healthy Growth
- Economic Eye on Dubai
- Psychosocial Factors That Promote Successful Aging
- Costa Rica Real Estate Investment - 6 Reasons Why Capital Growth Will Continue
- Globalisation Between Promotion And Demotion - A Look Into The Phenomenon Of Immigration
- Team and Organizational Survival Strategies For Turbulent Economic Times
- Asian Residential Property Buyers Beware!
Thailand pins hope on tourism resumption to promote economic growth have 344 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.