with chef Nguyễn Kim Lan of Pan Pacific Hanoi
Szechuan is a Chinese cuisine style that has bold and spicy flavours with a touch of sweetness. Using the most flavourful Szechuan spices, the recipe has a unique taste which makes it a classic and delectable dish.
- Tiger prawns: 500g, peeled and rinsed with salt water
- Asparagus: 100g, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Onions: 100g, cut into thick pieces
- Chili peppers: 10g, remove seeds and cut into pieces on the diagonal
- Wood ear mushrooms: 20gr, cut into thirds
- Spring onions (white parts): 30gr, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Garlic: a few cloves, peeled and minced
- Coriander leaves: 1gr, for garnish
- Cooking oil: 100ml
For the sauce:
- Chili sauce: 5g
- Chicken powder: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Oyster sauce: 2g
- Shaoxing wine: 10ml
- Sesame oil: 5ml
- Tapioca starch: 5g, dissolve with a little water
- Cook tiger prawns in boiled water until they turn pink, then drain. Heat cooking oil in a pan, add tiger prawns and stir quickly until they are curled. Pour prawns onto a plate and set aside.
- Stir-fry minced garlic in heated cooking oil until fragrant, add asparagus, onions, chili pepper, chili sauce, wood-ear mushroom and toss well. Pour in a little water and Shaoxing wine, then add tiger prawns.
- Season with chicken powder, sugar and oyster sauce to taste. Add white parts of spring onions, then pour in tapioca starch mixture, toss well until the sauce thickens.
- Drizzle over sesame oil, and transfer onto a plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can enjoy the dish at Ming Restaurant in the Pan Pacific Hanoi, 1 Thanh Niên Road, Ba Đình District, Hà Nội. Tel: +84 24 3823 8888.
- Treat yourself to a tasty stir fry for Chinese New Year with Mrs Crunch’s recipes and deals from the high street
- Stir fries offer a healthy option for dieters
- Video: Prawn Chorizo Frittata
- Meals for under £10: Spicy Prawn Frittata
- From creme brulee to prawn cocktails: Classic dinner party menus from the 1950s to the 2000s
- Food and drink: How to make New York-style cornbread muffins & parmesan
- Brighton brothers hoping to take on restaurant scene in style
- Just ONE month left to spend old-style £5 notes – but half of them are still out there
- RECIPE: How to make the perfect American style fluffy pancakes
- Pulis hopes for more from Gestede and Bamford in run-in – after strike pair sink Hull in style
- Make life at home easy with our tips to create delicious meals in HALF the time
- Grab a FREE Vegan lunch this Friday - but you'll need to be near this area to get your free meal
- Mrs Crunch rustles up three hearty recipes to inspire your cooking this British Pie Week
- Mrs Crunch shares low-cost healthy meals to see your kids through the summer holidays
- Recipes for one: Why making meals just for yourself is so worth the effort
- Restaurant review: Zaap Thai, Grand Arcade, Leeds
- What is Pad Thai and how do you make it? Google Doodle celebrates iconic dish
- What is Pad Thai and how do you make it? Google Doodle celebrates the iconic noodle dish
- What is Pad Thai and how do you make it? Google Doodle celebrates iconic noodle dish
- What is Pad Thai and how do you make it? Google Doodle celebrates delicious noodle dish
Szechuan Style Stir-fried Tiger Prawns have 539 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.