HÀ NỘI – Việt Nam's striker Nguyễn Tiến Linh has won AFC Asian Qualifiers – Road to Qatar's Player of the Week after the thrilling October matches.
The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) considered these games among 2022 World Cup third qualification's best so far. And Asia's galaxy of stars delivered no shortage of quality over the past few weeks.
After 12 matches and 38 goals, AFC picked out 10 outstanding performers including big names from Iran, South Korea, Syria and China, along with fresh-faced youngsters of Japan, Saudi Arabia and Việt Nam.
After several days of voting, Linh, who scored two goals out of Việt Nam’s three goals in both two matches with 79 per cent of pass accuracy, came first with 73.38 per cent of the vote, leaving other nominees behind by a huge margin.
Forward Firas Al Buraikan of Saudi Arabia came second with 8.2 per cent and striker Sardar Azmoun of Iran was at third with 8.08 per cent.
Famous players Son Heung-min from South Korea and Wu Lei of China surprisingly received only 2.41 and 1.81 per cent, respectively.
Linh also secured NEOM's Future Stars title of matchday three of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Asian qualifiers last week.
Linh has scored seven goals since the second qualifying round and still has opportunities to push his record in the six remaining matches.
In the coming games next month, Việt Nam will host Japan on November 11 and Saudi Arabia five days later at the Hà Nội's Mỹ Đình Stadium. VNS
- Malaysia won't be taken lightly by Lebanon in AFC Asian Cup qualifier
- Australia thrash Oman in AFC Asian Cup warmup match
- Gilbert back at AFC Sudbury as players return
- Nelo Vingada in race against clock for Malaysia's Asian Cup dream
- Sundramoorthy hails Asian Cup 'morale booster' result for Singapore
- AFC predicts that expanded 2019 Asian Cup will spark football boom
- Tottenham confirm Son Heung-Min will go to Asian Cup after Man United game
- Singapore prepare in Doha desert heat for crucial Asian Cup qualifier
- Thailand need to crown a new champion, unearth a striker for 2018
- After Asian Cup exit, what next for India?
- UAE file complaint against Qatar player eligibility after Asian Cup loss
- South Korea, Japan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Australia looking to January's Asian Cup
- Singapore should have worked harder to protect Asian Cup lead - Sundram
- Tim Cahill hat trick sees Australia ease past Bangladesh in AFC WCQ
- Safiq Rahim says Malaysia taught lesson in Asian Cup loss to Lebanon
- Singapore ready to end winless streak for Asian Cup - Faris Ramli
- Matildas' star Sam Kerr finalist for top Asian player of 2017
- Former Iraq boss Vieira marks 10th anniversary of Asian Cup triumph
- Hariss Harun on-board with new system for Asian Cup qualifying
- Singapore hope physical Hong Kong will get them ready for Asian Cup
Striker Linh is AFC Asian Qualifiers’ Player of the Week have 506 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.