Hanoi (VNA) – A social network campaign called "Plastic-19 Lockdown Challenge" was launched by UNESCO and the Centre for Supporting Green Development ( GreenHub ) on October 15 to inspire the community to reduce the use of plastics.
The contest comprises of 19 challenges to be completed in 19 days, enough for participants to get in the habit of minimising plastic use. The number 19 also means that plastic waste is another alarming issue of the world, similar to the COVID-19 pandemic it is facing.
All Vietnamese people aged 18 – 35 are invited to take advantage of their creativeness to inspire people to take actions and change their perception into rejecting, reusing, reducing and recycling plastic products.
Many Vietnamese artists are engaged in the campaign.
The competition forms part of the "Youth and Innovation for Ocean" initiative by UNESCO and GreenHub's "Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution" funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The "Youth and Innovation for Ocean" initiative aims to encourage university students and young professionals to put forward innovative and practical solutions in reducing, reusing, recycling and managing plastic products in coastal regions of Vietnam. The initiative is under the partnership between UNESCO and The Coca-Cola Foundation established in 2017 for solutions to manage plastic waste, toward as sustainable green economy in Vietnam.
The Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution project aims to inspire local communities to reduce plastics pollution by creating networks and uniting and providing support to communities and individuals in Vietnam’s popular destinations of Hanoi, Halong, Danang, and Hoi An./.
- MLB Network is launching live authenticated streaming
- Internet Use Explodes, Occupies As Many Hours As TV
- Binh Thuan aims to fight against plastic waste for tourism development
- A Conversation About You, Social Currency, and Social Capital
- LeBron steps away from social media, wants Cavs to follow
- Oregon capitalizes on championship run with brand campaign
- Emphasis on social media pays off with impressive NC State class
- Brexit Party Election Launch: ‘Rotten Borough of Westminster’ Needs Constitutional Reform
- Top oil firms spending millions lobbying to block climate change policies, says report
- Charlene Li on Social Technology and Open Leadership (Part 1)
- Support Ronda Rousey with #MoreThanTape campaign from Reebok
- Coyotes launch jersey swap to grow youth fan base
- Former Olympian May to front Italian soccer’s new anti-racism campaign
- Gundy isn’t banning social media for his team
- NBC: Olympics show wide second-screen use
- SEC commissioner: League leading the way on social issues
- WNBA launches campaign to attract LGBT fans
- WWE Network hits 700K subscriber mark in 5 months
- Meet the coach: Falcons launch new era with Dan Quinn hiring
- The Latest: Cruz says 'courage' need on Social Security
Social network campaign launched to change plastic use habit have 460 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.