SkyX Solar plans to invest $100 million in the next 2-3 years to further develop 200MWp of rooftop solar power systems in Vietnam
With EDF Renewables as a strategic partner, SkyX Solar, which has around 30MWp of solar projects under operation, plans to invest more than $100 million to further develop 200MWp of rooftop solar and distributed energy solar projects for commercial and industrial customers in Vietnam over the next few years.
|A SkyX Solar project in Dong Nai province|
According to Don Lam, co-founder and CEO of VinaCapital, a few years ago, the company recognised the critical role that clean energy would play in powering Vietnam's continued growth and development.
"The launch of SkyX Solar in 2019 is just one of our initiatives in the sector, and in a very short span of time, it has grown to become a leading player in the commercial and industrial rooftop solar market in the country. We look forward to working with EDF Renewables to help SkyX Solar grow as well as exploring other projects where there are synergies," Lam said.
Samresh Kumar, CEO and Founder of SkyX Solar, commented that SkyX Solar has around 100MWp of rooftop solar projects under operation and/or development and it intends to partner with more industrial companies in Vietnam to build many hundred MWs of solar capacity with them.
"EDF Renewables, a subsidiary of EDF, is one of the world's leading renewable energy companies, so I could not be more pleased that they have chosen to partner with and invest in SkyX. Their expertise and resources will enable us to further expand and bring our world-class solutions to even more customers in Vietnam," Kumar said.
Yalim Ozilhan, Southeast Asia director of EDF Renewables highlighted the potential for renewables in Vietnam.
"The potential is enormous, and we are keen to expand our footprint in the country, drawing on our global knowhow in rooftop solar solutions. We are delighted to partner with VinaCapital and invest in SkyX Solar, which has quickly scaled up providing world-class rooftop solar solutions to meet the high demand for low carbon sources of energy from commercial and industrial customers, something that is set to increase in the years ahead," added Ozilhan.
In just a few years, Vietnam's rooftop solar energy sector has grown from virtually nothing into Southeast Asia's leading solar market, with cumulative rooftop solar capacity totalling 9.3GW at the end of 2020, according to BloombergNEF .
By Bich Ngoc
- This AI Just Mapped Every Solar Panel in the United States
- Solar Energy System Completed for Framingham Affordable Housing
- Meet 'Oumuamua, the first observed interstellar visitor to our solar system
- On 'mission to touch the sun,' Parker Solar Probe has launched
- Fortnite World Cup Solo Finals: US Teen Walks Away With $3 Million Prize
- Popular rooftop solar program could return to Coachella Valley after getting axed by IID
- Developers awaiting latest FiT amid sparked solar rush
- The solar industry lost jobs in 2017, but it still employs twice as many people as coal
- Solar Assets Fund attracts Michael Cannon-Brookes, falls short of target
- 'Tipping point': Energy regulator says electricity grid won't cope with more solar
- Is solar power shining again in the UK?
- The solar industry approaches a 'new frontier' in the California desert
- Can you really go blind staring at a solar eclipse?
- Panama To Get 10MW Solar Power Plant
- BU gets solar power plant, reduces power cost
- Minnesota-based solar-energy firm sold to national investor in renewable energy
- Vietnam begins work on $218mn solar power project
- Vietnam Solar Power Expo 2019 opens
- Plainfield installs thousands of solar panels on middle school
- Negotiations with GCL to establish solar panel production complex stall
SkyX Solar invests $100 million in 200MWp rooftop solar capacity in next three years have 603 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.