Prior to the opening, leaders of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the State and NA deputies paid floral tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at his mausoleum.
According to the agenda of the session, which was approved at the preparatory meeting before the opening, the NA is scheduled to adopt 9 bills, a resolution and give opinions on six other bills.
Besides law-making work, the NA will discuss and make decision on many important socio-economic issues of the country.
Regarding personnel matters the NA will conduct vote of confidence on officials holding positions elected or approved by the NA, elect the President of the country, and consider and approve the dismissal and appointment of the Minister of Information and Communication.
It is noteworthy that the NA will ratify the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), which is an important deal with impacts on most political, socio-economic and diplomatic aspects of the country.
Supervision work is another important content in the session's agenda. The NA will examine reports on the three-year implementation of the NA's resolutions on the 2016-2020 socio-economic plan, economic restructuring, national finance and mid-term investment.
Socio-economic and State budget performance in 2018 and plans for 2019 will also come under scrutiny.
In addition, the NA is to consider and decide adjustments to the mid-term public investment plan for 2016-2020 and the 2016-2020 national financial plan.
The legislature will look into the mid-term assessment of the implementation of the NA's Resolution 100/2015/QH13 approving investment in national target programmes in 2016-2020 and the results of policies supporting socio-economic development in ethnic minority and mountainous areas after three years of implementation.
Three days will be dedicated to questions-and-answers session, with a focus on the Government's performance since the beginning of its tenure, the causes of uncompleted tasks and solutions to address outstanding problems.
Fifteen sittings during the session, which will last until November 21, will be broadcast live on national TV and radio.
Source : VNA
- Face-off: National Assembly draws battle line with Buhari
- National Assembly ends emergency Joint Session, threatens to impeach President Buhari if…
- Kudos, knocks for National Assembly over resolutions
- National Assembly draws battle line with Presidency
- Nigerians need to pay attention to the National Assembly in 2019
- Uhuru eulogizes National Assembly Speaker’s mother
- National Assembly to hold farewell session as federal govt’s tenure ends at midnight tonight
- Highlights from the sixth day of the French Open
- Nigeria: PDP Mocks Buhari for Claiming National Assembly Achievements
- Speaker Al-Ghanim presides over National Assembly Office ‘meet’
- Saraki’s National Assembly Threatens Buhari , Lists Demands
- THEWILL Editorial: On National Assembly’s 12-Point Resolution And Threat To Impeach President Buhari
- Reps To Probe Jibrin For Comments On National Assembly’s Resolutions
- Council of State calls National Assembly of People’s Power extraordinary session
- National Assembly term to close on June 28: Speaker
- Melaye: Buhari Has Assaulted My Person... His Body Language Demeans The National Assembly
- Group urges Saraki and Dogara to stop using National Assembly for their personal fights
- BREAKING: National Assembly Vows To Impeach Buhari Unless 10 Conditions Are Met
- National Assembly Vows To Impeach Buhari Unless 10 Conditions Are Met
- National Assembly makes 11 demands on Buhari
Sixth session of 14th National Assembly opens have 514 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 1, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.