Singapore (VNA) – Singapore will exempt quarantine requirements for passengers from eight other countries who have been fully vaccinated from October 19.
The move is one of Singapore’s efforts to gradually lift restrictive measures to live safely with the COVID-19 pandemic.
With more than 80 percent of its population fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in mid-September, Singapore officially resumed international travel for vaccinated passengers from Germany and Brunei under the "Vaccinated Travel Lane”.
From October 19, this programme will be expanded to eight more countries, including the UK, Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the US. The travel corridor with the Republic of Korea is expected to begin on November 15.
Under this policy, passengers will not be required to undergo isolation if they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and tested negative before departure and upon arrival in Singapore.
Earlier, on October 9, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced a series of easing measures under the strategy of “living with COVID-19.
He said that the “Zero-COVID” strategy that Singapore applied in 2020 was appropriate, but the appearance of the Delta variant forced Singapore to adjust and identify living with COVID-19 when the rate vaccine coverage reached 80 percent in August 2021./.
- Russia election meddling fears expand to other countries
- Coronavirus | Singapore Airlines to cut flight capacity by 50% as travel bans multiply
- Singapore reports 47 new virus cases, to impose self-quarantine on all entering city-state
- Food, freight from Malaysia to Singapore not hit by border closure
- Singapore Airlines grounds most of its fleet as coronavirus poses 'greatest challenge'
- Support for citizens stuck at Thailand, Singapore airports due to COVID-19
- Singapore Air's 'greatest challenge' prompts cuts affecting 10,000 staff
- Travel updates: which countries have coronavirus restrictions and FCO warnings in place?
- Coronavirus travel updates: which countries have restrictions and FCO warnings in place?
- Airlines slash schedules, jobs and pay after new travel restrictions
- U.S. asks travelers for patience amid chaos, long lines at airports
- Coronavirus: Travel influencers say COVID-19 is ‘impacting income massively’
- The world shuts its borders: From Spain to Singapore, thousands of people trying to flee coronavirus chaos are made to queue for miles as countries restrict entry
- Positive cases 33: state bans tours, expands testing
- Vistara signs codeshare pact with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir for international flights
- Over 120 Indian cos setting up Singapore office a month: SICCI
- Vietnamese advised not to travel to Singapore following new entry regulations
- Italy overtakes China as the country with the most coronavirus deaths with 3,405 dead after a rise of 427
- Singapore's Bangladeshi workers have eyes on home as coronavirus shakes community
- Singapore, Australia enhance digital economic cooperation
Singapore expands travel corridor to eight more countries have 422 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.