Delegates attend the SEAGF meeting on October 18.
Tran Duc Phan, deputy head of the 31st SEA Games' organizing board, made the announcement at an online meeting of the Office of the Southeast Asian Games Federation (SEAGF) on October 18.
The region's largest sporting event is set to take place in May 2022, and we are completing procedures to make an official announcement in the coming days, Phan told the meeting.
Delegates to the meeting supported the decision, saying that the postponement would allow participating countries to report to the government for funding. It would also Cambodia to take further steps to organize the 32nd SEA Games in May 2023.
SEA Games 2021 was originally scheduled to take place in Vietnam in late November and early December. However, regional countries have voiced their strong support for the postponement of the event until next year due to the complicated developments of the COVID-19 outbreak in Vietnam and the region.
- PH displays readiness to host 30th SEA Games
- Wawrinka elevated his game, closed like a champion to win 2016 U.S. Open, third major
- You only think the Sea Eagles' salary cap breach penalty is soft because you hate them
- Preseason preview: Sea Eagles will fail to take flight
- Sea Eagles back in familiar territory under the radar
- AFI announce a 31-member list for upcoming Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast
- Bring back the Ancient Greek Games cycle
- Commonwealth Games 2018: Aruna Budda Reddy, Ashish Kumar to lead India's Artistic Gymnastics team in Gold Coast
- Commonwealth Games 2018: “For eight years, I have been dreaming of a CWG medal,” says Sikki Reddy
- BREAKING: Sally Pearson set to announce withdrawal from Commonwealth Games
- The Common-what Games?
- TU football: Five storylines to watch in Saturday's spring game
- ICC: We are too big for the Commonwealth Games
- Vietnam placed above Thailand in Asian Cup 2019 seed pots
- Vietnam enter AFC futsal event’s semi-finals
- Sponsorship of Irish Open is extended to 2022
- Qatar wants talks on logistics of 48-team World Cup in 2022
- Narinder Batra feels boycotting 2022 CWG Games would be a “bit too extreme”
- No shooting event at the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Manly Sea Eagles lose World Club Challenge
SEA Games 31 likely to be held in Vietnam in May 2022 have 371 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.