|Sapa Airport will be implemented under the PPP format|
The project has a total investment capital of VND6.94 trillion ($301.74 million), VND4 trillion ($173.9 million) of which will be mobilised from private investors. The airport is expected to take 46 years to break even.
The construction is expected to be divided into two phases. The first phase's construction is planned to implement this year, which has an investment capital of VND4.2 trillion ($182.6 million) with the capacity of 1.5 million passengers per year.
The second phase is planned to be developed in 2028 with a capacity of three million passengers.
Land acquisition, including land clearance and compensation, will be funded from the public component while construction will be covered from the funds contributed by private companies.
Sapa Airport is one of six new airports approved for construction by 2030. The Ministry of Planning and Investment is assigned to co-operate with the Ministry of Finance and the relevant authorities to arrange the state budget in 2021-2025 to develop the project. Vietnam has 22 airports at present.
In the first six months, Lao Cai welcomed 1.1 million passengers, up 21 per cent on-year, according to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
By Ha Vy
- This private investor document perfectly shows why people are sick and tired of hedge funds
- Manila, other airports need major upgrades
- New airport needed despite NAIA upgrade
- Intel could be down $400 million when Cloudera goes public
- Australian government to build Sydney’s long-promised 2nd airport
- Pangasinan seeks gov’t help for airport, seaport projects
- A bunch of companies are trying to make flying in private jets as easy as calling an Uber
- Megawide pitches infra projects to US investors
- Indonesia plans to sell minority holdings in 10 airports and 20 ports
- Megawide eyes airport PPPs, renewable energy
- This startup sold $2 million worth of sleek ‘smart’ suitcases in its first 4 months
- Obama’s Secretary of Transportation reveals 3 infrastructure problems that Trump needs to solve
- Why President Aquino needs Charter change
- Manila Bay airport canceled
- Private money for P9- trillion infrastructure?
- Private equity is ‘seeing more excitement than it can handle’ in the marijuana industry
- San Miguel’s Ang offers $14-B airport in battle of tycoons
- How ‘Uber for truckers’ Cargomatic burned through $15 million as it quietly pivoted away from being a tech company at all
- A couple of 30-something guys swapped high finance for farmland and now manage $575 million
- Glassdoor had a good reason to raise another $40 million instead of an IPO, its CEO says
Sapa Airport needs to mobilise $174 million from private investors have 390 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.