Many people have been booked for violating pandemic prevention and control measures as they hang out with their friends along Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street in Ho Chi Minh City.
Residents flocked to the Nguyen Hue promenade in downtown District 1 on Thursday evening to have a walk, get some fresh air, and chat with friends, according to the observation of Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reporters.
Many of them parked their motorbikes on the sidewalk to have a chat and grab a bite, but did not follow pandemic response measures including wearing face masks in public and keeping a safe distance.
At around 7:30 pm, a group of district-level police officers patrolled the street and booked dozens of people for wrong parking and violating pandemic prevention and control regulations.
Several violators did not cooperate at first but eventually had to accept administrative fines after the officers provided the evidence of their offenses.
In one of the cases, L.V.D., 25, was booked for failure to wear a face mask in public places and illegal parking.
As D. denied his wrongdoings, an officer showed the video footage of him pulling the face mask down to his chin while talking to his friend.
The offender had no other choice but to sign the violation record, facing fines worth VND1-3 million (US$44-132) for failure to wear face masks in public and VND200,000-300,000 ($8-13) for illegal parking.
|Residents are booked for parking their motorbikes on the roadway along Nguyen Hue Walking Street in Ho Chi Minh City, October 21, 2021. Photo: D.T. / Tuoi Tre|
According to Major Dinh Tien Dung, deputy head of District 1's traffic and order police unit, many people did not put on face masks or wore them improperly.
They only put on one when they saw police officers approaching, Dung continued.
"We decided to use cameras to film their violations from afar so that they won't be able to deny their wrongdoings," he said.
|A young man pulls down his face mask while walking on Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street in Ho Chi Minh City, October 21, 2021 in this supplied photo.|
Major Dung added that his unit had booked more than 200 of such violations on Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street since the beginning of the week.
Ho Chi Minh City has been the hardest-hit locality since the fourth outbreak began on April 27, with over 422,200 local infections.
The city had imposed social distancing measures at various levels since May 31 before loosening multiple restrictions on October 1, because most of its adult population had been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- Does Ho Chi Minh City need new, shiny sidewalks to attract tourists?
- Ho Chi Minh city provides attractive events during Tet (Bài đăng 30 Tết)
- High-rise development should stop in downtown Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City: premier
- Exploring Ho Chi Minh City’s heritage with British ‘tour guide’
- Ho Chi Minh City confirms 9 more Zika cases, raises Vietnam’s total to 39
- Painting classes an outlet for creativity in Ho Chi Minh City Info Alert Alert Chia sẻ bài viết qua e-mail
- Ao dai on show at festival in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City listed in top 10 world’s destinations with reasonable cost
- August 21-27: Vietnam Connection Music Festival 2017 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City Most Recent News
- Public land abandoned in Ho Chi Minh City
- Police don’t rule out terror attacks in Ho Chi Minh City
- Electric buses planned for ‘backpacker area’ in Ho Chi Minh City
- Foreign tourist hurt by ‘sidewalk traps’ in Ho Chi Minh City to receive apology
- ‘Ao dai’ featuring modern Ho Chi Minh City to be displayed in S. Korea
- Ho Chi Minh City cracks down on illegally parked cabs, buses in ‘backpacker area’
- Sidewalks publicly ‘owned’ and ‘sold’ by Ho Chi Minh City vendors
- HCM City to tighten food safety management
- Combating street robbery: “Street knight” model still a concern
- Saigon’s Flower Street to feature Vietnam's countryside, metro line
- Support lines up for plan to turn Saigon backpacker streets into pedestrian zone
Residents booked for violating pandemic prevention rules on Ho Chi Minh City’s downtown pedestrian street have 686 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.