Hanoi (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc 's attendance at a virtual high-level open debate on cooperation between the United Nations (UN) and the African Union (AU), scheduled to take place late on October 28, will show the importance that Vietnam attaches to boosting its multifaceted cooperation with the AU, African countries, and Kenya in particular.
His presence is made at the invitation of his Kenyan counterpart Uhuru Kenyatta who assumes the rotating Presidency of the UN Security Council (UNSC) in October 2021.
Phuc's attendance and delivery of a speech at the debate is also the affirmation at the highest level to the international community about the foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, multilateralisation, diversification, and active international integration of the Vietnamese Party and State.
In addition, Vietnam continues to show high interest in cooperation between the United Nations and regional organisations, affirming its role and responsibility in this field, and following the successful results achieved in April when Vietnam was the President of the UNSC.
The debate will take the theme of "Renewing solidarity to successfully deliver peace and security in a changing conflict environment".
The session aims at analysing the trends and causes of current conflicts in Africa and globally, evaluating existing peace and security cooperation mechanisms, discussing measures to increase effectiveness and promote new commitments in implementing these mechanisms, and assessing the aspects and progress of implementing the "African Solutions to African Problems" goal.
The African Union is one of regional organisations with the most cooperation activities with the UN in general and the UN Security Council in particular, especially in the field of peace and security. This agency always pays attention to discussing developments in the situation, policies and solutions to help maintain peace, security and stability in Africa.
Over the past years, Vietnam has maintained good friendship with all African nations./.
- Will 2014 be Nineteen Eighty Four?
- Tata Comms makes 'big bets' in cloud, biz video
- How Celebrities Are Changing the Way We See Chronic Lyme
- Trump's national anthem Twitter feud with the NFL changed the game
- Microsoft's new Middle East chief: Why cloud and security are our big focus
- Soccer: The
- Trade official: Cleantech central to forthcoming U.S. export push
- The Jalopnik Review Leaderboard: Sorted By Categories
- The Jalopnik Review Leaderboard
- The Natural: The Trouble Portraying Blackness in Video Games
- Inside The Unregulated And Scam-Filled World Of Video Game Betting
- These Elite Military Helicopter Units Fly Washington's Power Players
- HP gets serious about Netbooks
- Amid NSA spying scandal, the gloves are off for EU's justice chief
- Sail (Far) Away: At Sea with America's Largest Floating Gathering of Conspiracy Theorists
- Energy independence, or impending oil shocks?
President’s presence at upcoming UN debate manifests Vietnam’s attention to cooperation with Africa have 476 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.