The President, who is also Head of the Central Steering Committee for Judicial Reform, made the request during a working session with the Party Civil Affairs Committee of the Supreme People's Court on judicial reform of the court sector in Hanoi on October 15.
President Phuc hailed courts for their achievements in judicial reform over the past years, helping to protect citizens' rights, State interests, and legitimate rights and interests of individuals and organizations and to create a healthy and stable environment for socio-economic development and international integration.
He commended the courts for successfully dealing with corruption with thousands of serious and complex economic cases being brought to light. The leader requested continuing reclaiming embezzled assets for the State and encouraging offenders to voluntarily compensate in corruption and economic cases.
The Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Justice and local authorities were asked to work closely with courts on the serious enforcement of sentences, especially in civil cases in localities while listening to public aspirations.
Courts all levels were assigned to suggest amendments and supplements to the Law on Organization of People's Courts, the Civil Procedure Code, the Law on Administrative Procedure, the Law on Bankruptcy and the Law on Child Protection.
The Supreme People’s Court must promptly improve the working quality of people's courts, adopt technological advances to successfully build e-courts, discover shortcomings in court hearings, and build a contingent of qualified staff capable of joining in the settlement of international disputes, thus meeting global integration demand, he said.
In the past tenure, courts nationwide received over 2.4 million cases and handled 97.6 percent of the total. Over 7,400 serious corruption and economic cases were brought to trials with 14,450 defendants. The court sector publicized more than 733,000 verdicts and decisions on its portal.
- President asks public to join in judicial reform
- Vietnam needs to open borders for tourism recovery: experts
- Việt Nam to build more transparent gov’t, continue restructuring economy
- Viet Nam needs to open borders for tourism recovery: experts
- Việt Nam needs to open borders for tourism recovery: experts
- Vice President attends confidence-building conference in Tajikistan
- India at UNGA stresses need for creating resilient systems for sustainable use of water
- DPM Heng stresses need to forge partnerships, continue prudent spending in Emerging Stronger Together Budget 2021
- Courts’ quality needs improvements to prevent erroneous rulings: Party chief
- Vietnam Private Sector Economic Forum - session 3
- Joe Biden can build back better on more transparency in government
- Teradata Joins Open Manufacturing Platform
- Condolences pour in over passing of President Trần Đại Quang
- Are Banks Open on Presidents Day? Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo Hours
- President Pratibha Patil’s address to Parliament on the first day of the Budget session (full text)
- Judicial discipline largely handled in “darkness” in Colorado, with most states offering greater transparency
- Nguyen Minh Triet elected President; Nguyen Tan Dung sworn in as new PM
- Top leader: Turn opportunities into reality to build prosperous, happy Vietnam
- Gov't reform needed to tackle corruption
- Hungarian MP promotes stronger judicial ties with VN
President stresses need to build open, transparent judicial sector have 496 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.