At the meeting, President Phuc affirmed that the opening of the trail proved the Party’s strategic vision, creativity, wisdom, and ingenuity, contributing significantly to improving the nation’s combat capacity and creating a new development step for the Southern revolution at the time. The sea is not only a living space but also a sacred territory of the nation, he noted.
He also emphasized the importance of continuing to fully protect Vietnam’s maritime sovereignty in all situations, maintaining a peaceful and stable environment at sea for national development, and resolving disagreements and disputes through peaceful means in accordance with the Party’s and State’s policy and stance, as well as Vietnamese and international law, particularly the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982.
President Phuc hoped that each veteran would continue promoting the tradition and being an example of revolutionary heroism, courage, strong will, and relentless efforts to build the country toward prosperity.
The Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea was established to help with the transportation of weapons from the North to the Southern theater.
During the resistance war against the U.S. imperialists, the route was considered a "true legend" and a miracle of the Vietnamese nation, contributing to the final victory in the spring of 1975.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Soldiers serving Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea make legendary feats, sacrifices: President
- Art programme spotlights significance of Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea
- Exhibition marks 60th anniversary of Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea
- Activities marks 60th anniversary of the “Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea”
- Ho Chi Minh Trail at sea – stature and historical significance
- Film week to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea
- Eateries bustling with diners in Ho Chi Minh City
- Residents enjoy ‘new normal’ breakfasts as Ho Chi Minh City resumes dine-in service
- Ho Chi Minh City factories in full swing to finish Christmas production orders
- Police book multiple drunk drivers as Ho Chi Minh City resumes dine-in services
- PM pays tribute to President Ho Chi Minh in France
- Ho Chi Minh City police probe man for firing gun in Facebook live stream
- President Ho Chi Minh’s letters with wish for peace published in Italian
- Ho Chi Minh City officially reopens to tourists
- Ho Chi Minh City to experience torrential downpour
- Vice President meets Portuguese officials, chairs business forum in Portugal
- Vice President meets Portuguese officials, chairs business dialogue in Portugal
- PM Pham Minh Chinh begins official visit to France
- Tay Ninh: A gem hidden from Vietnam’s tourist trail
President meets with soldiers serving Ho Chi Minh Trail at Sea have 414 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.