Welcoming Thao, Stephanie D'Hose congratulated him on his appointment as Vietnamese Ambassador to Belgium and wished him a successful term of office to take the two countries' relations to a new height.
She expressed her delight at the development of the ties between the two countries and two parliaments particularly, reflected by a visit of Vietnamese Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue to Belgium last year.
The Belgian official highlighted the significant role of the parliaments at the time of COVID-19 and the ever-changing global situation. She proposed the two nations to further beef up inter-parliamentary partnership and expected to pay a visit to Vietnam in the coming time.
She also highly spoke of what Vietnam and Belgium have achieved to boost their economic cooperation over the previous years and pledged she will give a further push to the ratification of the E.U.-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA).
She later suggested the two sides seek opportunities for expanded partnership in culture, education and people-to-people exchange.
Ambassador Nguyen Van Thao emphasized he will try his best to deepen the bilateral ties in all areas.
Looking ahead to the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam-Belgium diplomatic ties (1973 – 2023), Thao forwarded the invitation of Vietnamese leaders to leaders of Belgium’s parliament to visit Vietnam in the near future.
He said there are still plenty of room for the two countries to strengthen cooperation in the fields of mutual interest, such as renewable energy, smart agriculture, seaport, logistics, digital economy, climate change and smart cities.
He asked Belgium to soon ratify the EVIPA and promote other E.U. members to do the same so this can open more opportunities for Belgian and E.U. enterprises to do business in Vietnam and expand their presence in neighboring areas.
He underscored that priority should also be given to cultural and student exchange, and education cooperation to enhance the mutual understanding between the two countries’ people.
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asian May 1
- Vietnam, Canada forge defence cooperation
- US Vietnam Arms Embargo Lift a 'Wake-Up Call' for Russia? Not Really…
- Obama Aims to Make Vietnam a US Client State, But Will it Work?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 1
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 27
- Party, Government, NA leaders host RoK President
- Prime Minister calls for upholding great 1975 Spring victory
- Taiwan’s Foreign Minister: ‘Warmth and Support’ from Donald Trump’s Administration to Taiwan ‘Unprecedented’
- 10 rule changes MLB could test during the shortened 2020 season, including universal DH and a mercy rule
- The Latest: Indy high school to hold graduation at Speedway
- How the face mask became the world's most coveted commodity
- Tencent & Alibaba chase remittances in battle for Southeast Asia
- Analysis: Trump ranted against briefings, but he ultimately just can't help himself
- The best iPhone apps (April 2020)
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Bruno Fernandes a ‘warrior’, Sancho transfer UPDATE, Henderson £60m dilemma, Kane latest
- Coronavirus live updates: White House has ‘big, thoughtful’ ideas to revive economy
- Coronavirus live updates: Mayor Breed says San Francisco still doesn’t have sufficient resources to keep people safe
- All of the Ways TV Has Tackled Time Travel, From
- Bam Adebayo is one of the NBA's fastest-rising stars, and the one hole in his game is quickly closing
Plenty of room to Vietnam, Belgium to expand ties: Diplomat have 528 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.