In the first nine months of this year, pig prices in the northern region decreased to VND35-40,000 per kilo from VND100,000 per kilo in 2019. In reality, farmers have had to spend VND60,000 per kilo of pig to raise them
Pig prices in Vietnam have dropped considerably to record lows
Bac Ninh Province saw the sharpest fall in pig prices at VND35,000 per kilo. Pig prices in the central and Central Highlands region were VND38000-45,000 per kilo. Meanwhile, animal feed prices are on the rise, causing more losses for big breeders. Experts forecasted that pig prices would drop to VND25,000 per kilo in the coming time due to oversupply. At present, roughly eight million pigs are old enough to be sold for meat, accounting for around 30 percent of the country's pig number. Vietnam's import of different kinds of meat has been on the rise. In the first eight months of this year, the country imported 257,000 tonnes of meat worth USD508 million, up 62 percent and 84 percent on-year. Le Van Quyet, Chairman of the Southeast Breeding Association, proposed that frozen meat product imports should be suspended to protect domestic producers.
- Gold prices decrease and experts say now is the right time to buy
- Gold prices slump, experts say now is the right time to buy
- Will house prices drop in the recession?
- Britain's mini housing boom: Stamp duty cut adds £30,000 to average property asking price with sales up 20% as house-hunters battle to buy before six-month tax break ends
- Fuel prices continue to fall, Petrol drops below Rs 80 in Mumbai for the first time in 10 months
- COLUMN-Oil prices expected to stay anchored around $65-70 through 2023: Kemp
- Petrol prices hiked 6 times in a week
- Petrol price hiked by 19 paise, diesel rates still
- Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package Price Possibly Revealed In Survey
- Gold price falls, silver plunges sharply on bullion market
- Covid-hit demand, low prices cut India's oil import bill 58% in July
- New iPhone 12 release date, price, news, leaks and everything you need to know
- Nickel hits nine-month peak on falling China port inventories
- Gold prices may hit below Rs 50,000 level. Should you invest or wait?
- LIVESTOCK-Cattle futures rise with U.S. beef prices; hogs retreat
- Gold price today: Yellow metal eases from highs; buy on dips for a target above Rs 53,000
- Coronaphobia fuelled property slump: UK house prices fell by 0.2% in March and April making average home worth £234,612 amid fears over rise in Covid cases and lockdown being imposed
- Pepperoni And Cheese Shortage Leading To Increased Prices At Pizza Shops
- Surging demand for steel lifts prices
- Supermarkets slash food prices amid COVID-19
Pig prices sharply fall have 433 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.