Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) wants to form a consortium of sorts with Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) and Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to jointly host two World Cups. It also intends stage two Twenty20 World Cup together with Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) in United Arab Emirates besides going solo for two Champions Trophies in the next world cricket cycle.
The PCB recently stated that it has provided bids for six global events and on Saturday (July 9), it confirmed to Cricbuzz that two of its bids have been proposed to be collaborative efforts with South Asian boards.
“We have made bids before the ICC and proposed to form consortiums with the Bangladesh and Sri Lanka boards,” PCB chairman Ehsan Mani told this website. “Similarly we want to have collaboration with the UAE board too.”
It is learnt that the PCB wants to stage 2027 and 2031 World Cups jointly with the SLC and the BCB and stage two Twenty20 World Cups in association with the UAE board. It intends to go solo for the 2025 and 2029 Champions Trophies.
In their bid to host, the PCB will obviously face competition from, among other boards, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) which wants to host the 2025 Champions Trophy, 2028 Twenty20 World Cup and the 2031 World Cup.
Pakistan has not hosted a global championship for 25 years, for several reasons. The last ICC event there was 1996 World Cup, which was staged in collaboration with the BCCI and the SLC. It was then called PILCOM (Pakistan India Lanka committee). Pakistan was initially part of the South Asian group of BCCI, BCB and SLC for the 2011 World Cup but its matches were withdrawn for security reasons.
The ICC recently confirmed that 17 boards have expressed interest to stage events from 2024 to 2031, and revealed that submissions have been received from Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Namibia, New Zealand, Oman, Pakistan, Scotland, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, UAE, USA and Zimbabwe. The deadline for placing the bids was June 30.
The ICC will look into the detailed proposals and will make a decision towards the end of the year, an independent Board-appointed committee taking the final call. Several factors will be taken into consideration before the decision is made. Sources have said among the factors in consideration are infrastructure, organisation, experience in hosting global events, the development of the game, sustainability, security, the vision for the event and commercial dynamics.
- England storms back into Cricket World Cup contention with impressive win over India
- India vs Australia Women’s T20 World Cup Final Live: In form India take on number 1 Australia in bumper clash
- England qualifies for Cricket World Cup semis in ominous form with crushing win over New Zealand
- ICC T20 Women's World Cup: Three Reasons Why India Will Beat Australia
- Women's T20 World Cup: Poonam Yadav Credits Harmanpreet Kaur For Her Success In The Tournament
- India vs Australia, Women’s T20 World Cup final: India women predicted XI - Harmanpreet to bank on spinners at MCG
- World Cup Qualifier: India vs Qatar game postponed due to Corona virus
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Final: India vs Australia: Live Updates: Healy, Mooney open for Australia
- ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Final: We can't blame Shafali for defeat: Harmanpreet Kaur
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup: Wishes pour in as Kohli, former cricketers congratulate IND for reaching maiden T20 WC final
- T20 World Cup takeaways: Australia's lead at the top and poor fielding standards
- Women’s T20 World Cup final | We can’t blame Shafali for defeat, says India captain Harmanpreet Kaur
- Women’s T20 World Cup: India advances to final
- Women’s T20 World Cup | ICC declines request for semifinal reserve day
- Women's T20 World Cup: Record-breaking Beth Mooney named Player of the Tournament
- India vs Australia, ICC Women's T20 World Cup Final: AUS outclass IND to become five-time champions
- Neymar returns to Brazil squad for World Cup qualifiers
- Alpine Ski World Cup Finals Finals in Italy Canceled Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
- Neymar's ROLLING home! Football fans worldwide fail to hide their glee as Brazil get set to jet home after 2 - 1 loss to Belgium in the World Cup (and take their theatrical superstar with them)
- 2020 Asia Cup hosting rights awarded to Pak, tournament set to be held at neutral venue
PCB to form consortium with SLC and BCB for hosting World Cups have 725 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.