As of October 15, HCMC had administered over 12.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines – over 7.1 million first doses and 5.4 million second doses.
If the due date for the second shot has been reached, both permanent and temporary residents can go directly to vaccination sites and register to get them, health authorities said.
Currently, the interval between two injections is at least six weeks for the AstraZeneca vaccine, three weeks for Pfizer and Vero Cell, and four weeks for Moderna.
According to the city's Center for Disease Control, the current stock of vaccines is enough for people to receive their second dose. In order to quickly return to the new normal period, the city needs to speed up vaccinations to ensure all residents get enough two doses to resume work and daily activities.
Though the city reopened most economic activities early October, many residents have been unable to resume work because they are yet to get their second Covid shots.
The city plans to vaccinate around 780,000 children aged 12-17 years in five days starting October 22. Two doses of the same vaccine will have to be used in the vaccination program for which parents or other legal guardians must sign their consent.
The Ministry of Health had earlier approved administration of Covid-19 vaccines for the 12-17 age group, with priority given to 16 and 17 year old teens.
However, the type of vaccine used for vaccination this age group has not yet been announced. So far, only the Pfizer vaccine has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for this particular age range.
HCMC has recorded over 416,000 infections during the fourth coronavirus wave from late April.
Its high vaccination rate and a strategic shift from a zero-virus strategy to living with the pandemic have enabled the city to lift most restrictions from early this month.
- Daughter of state’s second COVID-19 casualty tests positive
- A coronavirus vaccine trial in humans has begun. When could a COVID-19 shot be available?
- View: India's virus-stricken economy is in a dire need of a vaccine
- Bolsonaro's second COVID-19 test is negative, Brazil seeks to declare state of emergency
- Further contributions needed for COVID-19 fight: Prime Minister
- Healthy Mother Of Two Gets First Dose Of Experimental Vaccine For Coronavirus
- Healthy Mother Of 2 Gets First Dose Of Experimental Vaccine For Coronavirus
- 100 questions with Peter Piot: All your COVID-19 queries answered here
- Ebola co-discoverer breaks down panic behind Covid-19
- Race to develop coronavirus vaccine begins in UK
- How many people will COVID-19 kill? With over 160 cases in India, figures quickly get scary
- Saigon prepares food, supplies as Covid-19 spreads
- What is herd immunity and could it slow the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 around the world?
- California governor Gavin Newsom issues statewide 'Stay At Home' order for 40 million people with NO END DATE - after warning 26 million WILL catch coronavirus in next eight weeks
- Beijing's state newspaper warns a second coronavirus outbreak in China is 'INEVITABLE' due to loopholes in the health screening for people arriving from abroad
- When COVID-19 leaves nothing to do
- Coronavirus Update: South Bay Community Bands Together To Help Those In Need
- Brazil seeks state of emergency, Bolsonaro's second coronavirus test negative
- What Australia could learn from China's response to coronavirus COVID-19
- Coronavirus Update: Oakland Launches Relief Fund For Vulnerable Residents, First Responders
Over 1.6 million HCMC residents need second Covid vaccine shots have 535 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.