A dance performance entitled Ánh Sáng Tâm Hồn (Light of Soul) will be launched on Youtube at 8pm on October 20.
The dance is choreographed by Tuyết Minh to thank frontline workers in the fight against the pandemic.
Nhân Dân Cuối Tuần (People’s Weekend) reporter Linh Vân spoke to Tuyết Minh about the new production.
Could you tell us about the new dance production?
I think this time is a historic moment not only for our country but for the world. That fierce reality needs to be captured in different art forms including dance.
It is also the responsibility of the artist towards historical challenges. I hope the dance performance will bring to the audience emotional and moving moments contributing to healing the wounds that we have been experiencing during the pandemic.
Every artwork is to mark the creative process of the artist. This work presents my gratitude and respect for the unconditional sacrifices of the frontline forces including healthcare workers, police, soldiers and volunteers. It also expresses our – the dancers' – love for the country and the people.
The dance will feature 150 dancers performing contemporary dance, hip-hop, jazz and Broadway.
How could you put all these genres into the dance?
I always respect the typical characteristics of each artist. This work gathers talented directors from the north and the south of the country.
I'm responsible for co-ordinating the dancers in the north and artist Alex Tú and his colleagues work with the artists in the south.
HCM City has carried out social distancing during the last months so the southern-based artists had to rehearse solo and duet dances. And group dances are performed by Hà Nội artists.
What's the story behind the dance?
The dance will have seven scenes telling real stories portraying normal people and their contribution to the fight against the pandemic. We want to spread the good qualities of the people and the Vietnamese nation.
You are newly appointed as permanent Deputy Chairwoman of Việt Nam Dance Artists Association. Do you think that your new work will inspire dancers when performing arts are seriously affected by the pandemic?
It is great that dance is now popular in the community. It is performed at cultural events. Dance has developed on a large scale with the appearance of dance clubs everywhere such as schools, universities, and businesses.
This also causes a lack of professional dance performances and losing the trust of the audience. I hope that the audience will have a chance to enjoy dances performed by talented dancers.
A dancer's career is not long and it is difficult to earn a living in dancing. What will you do to encourage the talents as you are the permanent Deputy Chairwoman of the dance association?
I always want to create a space for the young dancers to show their talents and creativity. Most importantly, I want to help them to be more confident to overcome their limitations.
I want to connect them in teamwork, the ideology of dedication to the community for the common cause of the Vietnamese dance development.
That’s how young dancers grow up and create meaningful works for the community. This will help their works to win the audience's hearts.
Could you tell us about your future plans?
I completed a work about President Hồ Chí Minh. This will be slices of President Hồ Chí Minh’s 30-year journey to find a way to save the country. If it weren’t for the pandemic, the work would have been released.
Making this work is difficult because it should portray President Hồ Chí Minh and feature his manners and his wisdom. This is a big dream in my career.
I hope the work will premiere next year. I also believe that it will be a creative performance bringing emotional fulfillment to the audience though dance. VNS
- First Spin: The Week's Best New Dance Tracks From Anabel Englund and Jamie Jones, Steve Aoki and Sting, G Jones & More
- Don't miss these events in the New Orleans area (Dec. 13-19)
- Charles Venn's wife on Karen Clifton - what she REALLY thinks of their sexy Strictly dances
- Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall attends special gala performance of 'Strictly Confidential'
- Oakland University creates school of music, theatre, dance
- Review: John Hiatt finds inspiration doing romance dance
- New York faces Indiana on 5-game home skid
- Mariah Carey Finally Speaks Out About Her ‘Horrible’ New Year’s Performance
- New York plays Golden State, aims to break road slide
- Montreal takes on New Jersey, looks for 5th straight home win
- Montreal takes on New York on 3-game skid
- Montreal hosts New York on 6-game home slide
- Strictly Come Dancing: Shirley Ballas puts on a brave face as she gingerly returns to the judging panel just FOUR DAYS after having her DD breast implants removed
- 'She's annoyed at how I look!' Strictly Come Dancing's Chris Ramsey reveals his weight loss during the show has left his wife Rosie FUMING
- When does Dancing on Ice 2020 start, who’s in the line-up and and why did Jason Gardiner quit?
- 20 Questions With Pete Tong: The Dance Icon on Chilling Out, Finding Hits & Why DJs Need to Become Scarcer
- Strictly Come Dancing: stunning Abbey Clancy performs 'dance of the night'
- Strictly Come Dancing: Chris Ramsey admits he was 'astounded' to make it past week TWO as he is eliminated in the semi-finals
- Wheelchair dancing brings joy, challenges perceptions about disability
- Who left Strictly? Chris Ramsey narrowly misses out on final after dance-off with Karim
New dance performance to thank COVID-19 fighters have 928 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.