* On October 16 and 17, torrential rain triggered flooding and isolated numerous areas in Quang Binh province. The provincial border guard command sent troops and vehicles to help locals cope with the disaster.
Lang Mo Border Station sent five troops to collaborate with relevant forces to save a man on a sunken boat in Chan Trong hamlet, Truong Son commune.
Meanwhile, the border station evacuated nine households in Mit Cat and Ho Rum hamlets of Kim Thuy commune, Le Thuy district from their homes to avoid the floods.
* On October 17, the armed forces of Thua Thien Hue and Quang Tri provinces promptly deployed forces to deal with the floods in their localities.
The military command of Huong Tra town in Thua Thien Hue province sent 10 troops to collaborate with relevant forces to search for two missing people on the Bo River.
In addition, the unit evacuated 57 households in Lai Thanh 1 and Lai Thanh 2 hamlets near the Bo River to safe places.
* Units of the Dak Lak Provincial Border Guard Command have deployed troops to collaborate with local authorities and relevant forces to move people and property to safe places.
Particularly, Ia Rve Border Station in association with Economic-Defense Group 737 have evacuated 16 families isolated by floods in Ia Rve commune, Ea Sup district to safe places. Ea H'leo and Yok M'bre Border Stations and the Border Post of Dak Rue Border Gate have evacuated 29 households in Ea Bung and Ia Lop communes to safe places.
The border units will continue to keep a close watch of the flooding's situations to ensure safety for locals.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- What Is the Chinese Military Doing in Hong Kong?
- Biden's 'fall of Saigon' in Afghanistan presents worst moment yet of presidency
- You can't tell the story of the US without telling the story of Haiti
- Four women crushed to death in Kabul airport horror on worst day of evacuation
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by AT&T - Senate to vote on infrastructure bill; budget package up next
- Lord Richards 'ashamed' by Afghanistan evacuation – 'Admission of dismal failure'
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on August 15, 2021
- Biden finally speaks to a foreign leader following fall of Afghanistan to Taliban
- Venezuela crisis: How did the conflict in Venezuela start? Why is the crisis so important?
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on August 22, 2021
Military troops assist disaster-hit people have 388 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.