Colonel Nguyen Tuan Bao, Deputy Political Commissar of the HCM City Command, told VietNamNet that the military force has begun to withdraw from HCM City from October 13 as the pandemic there has been basically controlled.
The forces of the Ministry of Defense will be the first to withdraw from the city, followed by the forces of Military Zone 7, which is scheduled to complete on October 15.
The forces of the Ministry of Defense will be the first to withdraw from the city, followed by the forces of Military Zone 7, which is scheduled to complete on October 15. The withdrawal of the military forces will be taken step by step. The military medical force will stay to assist the city until the end of November.
According to a report by the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, during the stressful days of the 4th Covid-19 outbreak, nearly 28,000 people from 132 units including hospitals, the Departments of Health, medical universities of provinces and cities throughout the country, agencies of the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Defense and other forces came to the city to participate in epidemic prevention and control activities.
Since late August, the military had mobilised around 34,000 soldiers and 98,000 militia members, along with around 2,000 health workers to support the virus fight during the peak of the fourth Covid-19 outbreak in the city.
The soldiers helped set up Covid-19 checkpoints, field hospitals, mobile medical stations, and participate in the food distribution, as well as in large-scale vaccination and testing campaigns.
Ho Chi Minh City’s workforce involved in epidemic prevention and control totals more than 158,000 people.
The army is determined to use all means and forces, within and even beyond its ability to wipe out the pandemic and bring people's life to normal, Minister of National Defence Gen. Phan Van Giang affirmed at a ceremony at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on August 23 to bid farewell to a delegation of the Military Medical University, including 1,096 officers and students, who headed to support the southern provinces and city to fight the pandemic.
The army has donated 510 billion VND (22.1 million USD) to the national COVID-19 vaccine fund, deployed thousands of vehicles carrying vaccines to localities, sprayed disinfectants in affected areas. Many units also joined in voluntary blood donation, set up stalls to sell goods at zero Vietnamese dong, and help farmers harvest farm produce.
- Many drivers in HCM City continue to be fined for drunk driving
- HCM City highway littered with nails
- HCM City police blames drug addicts for high crime rate
- A man brings life to orphans, abandoned children in HCM City
- Libya conflict: Opposition forces 'seize strategic city Sirte'
- Provocative moment Turkish forces and Syrian rebels unfurl their flags over former Kurdish HQ after Putin and Erdogan's 'historic deal' which dashed the Kurds' hopes of self-rule
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar Join Bipartisan Letter with Rand Paul, Mike Lee Backing Trump Planned Withdrawal of Troops from Syria
- France, West Africa to unite forces in fight against Islamist militants
- Rain Planes? Some Flooding-Hit Israeli F-16s Will Only Return to Service by May, Air Force Says
- Erdogan: Terror Attack in Manbij, Syria May Be Aimed to Influence US Withdrawal
- Fact Check: Joe Biden Says There’s a Difference Between ‘Combat Troops’ and ‘Special Forces’
- Germany withdraws some troops from Iraq as tensions soar
- At Least Five Rockets Land Near Iraq Base Hosting US Forces - Reports
- 'I wouldn't go to war with you people. You're all LOSERS!' How Donald Trump insulted the military's most senior officers as 'dopes' prompting Rex Tillerson to call him a 'f***ing moron' is revealed in new book
- U.S. Congress Identifies Military Options Against N.Korea
- US to Cut $250Mln in Military Aid to Iraq if Coalition Expelled - Reports
- Where Is ISIS? Syria and Iraq Leave No Escape for Islamic State, as Troops Take Final Major Cities
- They risked everything for Guaidó. Now Venezuela's military defectors are lost
- Turkish support for Tripoli could 'rebalance forces' in Libya
- ISIS leader 'dead': Dramatic blast footage claims to show moment US Special Ops forces 'blitzed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's Syrian lair as he detonated his own suicide vest'
Military force withdraws from HCM City have 677 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.