Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam has called on relevant sides in Yemen to end all military actions , resume dialogue, and cooperate with the special envoy of the United Nations to work out a comprehensive political solution.
Addressing a UN Security Council meeting on October 14 to discuss the recent situation in Yemen, Nguyen Phuong Tra, Deputy Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the UN, expressed her concern over the military escalation in Yemen and condemned the October 8 attack on the convoy of Yemeni government officials in Aden city, as well as the ones on civilian targets in Saudi Arabia.
Those attacks may jeopardise peace efforts in Yemen and regional stability, she said.
The Vietnam representative appealed to all the parties concerned to respect the International Humanitarian Law and carry out Resolution 2573, including protecting civilian facilities, and urged them to step up the enforcement of the Stockholm Agreement and the Riyadh Agreement.
Speakers at the meeting voiced concern about the worsening humanitarian situation caused by the prolonged conflict, the COVID-19 pandemic, the food shortage, and the economic crisis in Yemen, calling for no impediments to humanitarian aid delivery and more financial support for humanitarian activities.
The speakers also emphasised the need to handle the issue of the Safer oil tanker early to prevent environmental and humanitarian crises.
Members of the UN Security Council welcomed the Yemen visit by Special Envoy Hans Grundberg and voiced support to his peace efforts. Many also expressed their concern over military attacks in Yemen as well as violence against children there.
They condemned attacks on civilian targets and civilians in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, appealing for the protection of civilians and stressing the necessity to maintain stable finance for humanitarian assistance in Yemen ./.
- Security Council backs UN chief’s call for Yemen cease-fire
- UN envoy expects Yemen cease-fire agreement very soon
- Security Council backs UN chief's call for Yemen cease-fire
- Fighting in several parts of Yemen kills hundreds in April
- Book revealing diplomatic wins in the 1975 Spring Offensive released in French
- VN's book on diplomatic wins in the 1975 Spring Offensive released in French
- Book on diplomatic wins in the 1975 Spring Offensive released in French
- U.N. Yemen envoy expects warring parties to agree truce in 'immediate future'
- Saudi-led truce in Yemen expires amid fears of coronavirus disaster
- UN envoy for Yemen urges warring parties to seize opportunity for peace
- Yemen talks about prisoner exchange underway in Jordan
- Vietnam calls for greater efforts to settle vicious cycle of conflicts
- Saudi Arabia resumes talks with Yemen's Houthis as truce falters
- Al-Qaida's Yemen media chief dies in US drone attack
- Six killed in Yemen protest rally
- Iran launches missile attacks against US forces inside Iraq
- Afghan prisoner exchanges, U.S. peace plan threatened by coronavirus
- Waste of Time to Be Involved in Group Where Pakistan Doesn’t Share Same View - Ex-Diplomat on SAARC
- Military effectively performs pandemic prevention and national safeguarding missions
- Iran allows IAEA inspectors into Parchin military site
Military attacks may jeopardise peace efforts in Yemen: Vietnamese diplomat have 487 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.