Some localities allow swimming at public beaches. (Photo: SGGP)
Many travel agents in the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa have received domestic tourists who had " Covid green card " or "Covid yellow card" since October 16. Nha Trang City's attractions, such as Ponagar Tower, Hon Chong Promontory, public beaches, hotels and Vinpearl Resort have also reopened.
Executive director of Champa Island Nha Trang Resort Hotel and Spa, Vo Thi Phuong Nha said that the resort must ensure the implementation of Covid-19 prevention and control rules and safety standards for room, restaurant and environment. The facility has received a small number of visitors for over ten days but the hotel staff is very happy and eager for the reopening of tourism sector.
Three 3-5 star hotels and resorts in Phan Thiet City, Binh Thuan Province have also welcomed the first delegations of tourists in recent days. At first, the province will focus on receiving domestic visitors and expects to greet international tourists in the first quarter of 2022, said Chairman of the Binh Thuan Province Tourism Association Nguyen Van Khoa.
Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province has slightly lifted some Covid-19 restrictions on trans-provincial travelling and on swimming at public beaches since October 16. Service facilities in areas at the Covid-19 alert level 1 and 2 have been allowed to re-operate at 100 percent capacity. In the locations at the Covid-19 alert level 3, indoor and outdoor gatherings of more than 25 people have been banned while accommodation and food services have been permitted to operate not exceed 50 percent capacity.
Mr. Nguyen Van Hau, an owner of a 40-room hotel in Vung Tau City said that accommodation units are required to build the disease prevention and control plan approved by district-level authorities. The provincial Department of Tourism has issued a document on asking hotels and resorts not to receive travelers from affected areas, such as HCMC, Dong Nai, Binh Duong and Long An.
Hotels and resorts in Phan Thiet City in Binh Thuan Province receive first visitors. (Photo: SGGP)
Most of localities cautiously launched disease prevention and control rules, including receiving at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine around 14 days after vaccination, displaying certificate of recovery from Covid-19 within six months, children who have not got vaccinated must have negative test result for Covid-19, collecting samples of all arrivals for Covid-19 testing, employees who directly contact with customers have to be fully vaccinated while others must get at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
Director of the Department of Tourism of Khanh Hoa Province said that tourist businesses have to build prevention and control plan of Covid-19 and take responsibility for managing their employees and visitors. The department has coordinated with functional units to build pandemic response plan for tourists infected with the virus.
On October 26, the Department of Tourism of Kien Giang Province announced that the province will begin welcoming local tourists starting on November 1 and carry out a pilot plan on receiving travelers coming from the areas at the Covid-19 alert level 1 and 2.
Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Lam Minh Thanh approved an experimental program on receiving international visitors having vaccine passport to Phu Quoc Island and charter flights to the island from November 20, welcoming 3,000-5,000 travelers per month via charter flights to the limited destinations in the province from December 20-March 20, 2022, receiving 5,000-10,000 people per month from March 20-June 20, 2022.
By staff writers – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Return of the dolce vita: Italians take to the streets before bars, restaurants and hairdressers reopen tomorrow - as Europe eases slowly out of lockdown
- Florida governor takes first ‘baby step’ to reopening state
- Without big-spending tourists, Europe’s luxury shops struggle to reopen in style post coronavirus lockdown
- Cafes, churches reopen in Italy, Greece as Spain targets mid-summer revival
- Global report: Italy reopens cafes as Spain prepares for return of tourists
- Children return to school in New Zealand with parents dropping them off in 'kiss and go' zones as classes begin to reopen around the world
- Retailers reopening more stores, tourism expanding
- Lives or livelihoods? Bay Area seeks balance in reopening economy
- Amsterdam mayor urges extreme caution over return of tourism to the city
- In rural California community, officials slow reopening
- North Coast Officials Pull Back Reopening After Seeing Spike in Coronavirus Cases
- Virus threat creates unease in Michigan summer tourism haven
- EU tourist hot spots urge Germans to keep vacation plans
- Australian domestic travel explained: where can I fly and is it too soon to plan an interstate holiday?
- Pizzas and haircuts back on the menu, but with warnings
- It's great outdoors! Europeans pack onto beaches and throng to bars and cafes as life begins to return to normal after lockdown (but WHO warns they should be preparing for SECOND deadly wave of coronavirus, not celebrating)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 18
- Which 10 countries will be the first to open after the pandemic lockdown?
- Cafes and churches open in Italy and Greece; Spain eyes summer reboot
- South Lake Tahoe issues $1,000 fines to tourists and short-term rental owners
Localities cautious over tourism reopening have 825 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.