Noting that Vietnam is undertaking measures to balance pandemic control and economic development efforts, Shimizu Akira said that in the coming time, JICA will continue to assist Vietnam in the work via improving the capacity of central hospitals and providing equipment to hospitals at local levels, thus helping the country strengthen its medical system.
JICA has also assisted Ho Chi Minh City in building testing facilities with an aim to increasing the city's capacity in testing and preventing communicable diseases, while offering technical and training support to local hospitals, he said.
It has also provided aid for many hospitals in Vietnam including the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases and Bach Mai Hospital in COVID-19 to serve COVID-19 treatment, he added.
Regarding Japan's support to Vietnam in post-pandemic economic recovery, he said that JICA will help Vietnam strengthen connectivity with other ASEAN countries, making it easier for people to travel.
JICA will cooperate with Vietnam in human resources training, promoting the country's industrialization, digital transformation, developing 5G service, implementing technical research projects in Can Tho University, and strengthening connections among businesses and training facilities in the southern region, he pledged.
He also stressed the need for Vietnam to expand the access of businesses, especially small- and medium-sized enterprises, to middle and long-term loans from private banks to help them overcome difficulties caused by COVID-19.
- Vietnam enhances cooperation with the UK and Thailand in UN peacekeeping operations
- In Melbourne, jewelry that could improve health or even save lives
- Victorian government pledges AU$25m for mobile, broadband, Wi-Fi coverage
- WA pledges AU$17m for high-tech sector
- NSW government pledges AU$63m to emergency services radio comms
- Schooling Vietnam: How tech companies are training the next wave of workers
- Death and data science: How machine learning can improve end-of-life care
- Cloud procurement services give OSU Medical Center wins on buyer savings and process productivity
- 'Crowd Control,' part 19: Reunited, and it feels so not dead anymore
- Turnbull pledges AU$12m for mobile coverage on Central Coast trains
- Inside Volvo's self-driving car: Improving driver safety without the driver
- Australian government to continue focus on digital delivery in 2017
- The Medical Screenings All Women Need, and When
- NSW budgets for health and transport IT
- How the Deadly Narcotic Fentanyl Changed My Mother's Life for the Better
- Regional hospital management forum opens in Hà Nội
- Government accessed 820,000 customer records in 2014-15
- More than 1 in 10 consumers want voice commands for their toilet
- This Pacific Air Drill Trains Allies To Both Save Lives And Take Them
- Suicide Threats Are A Big Problem On Twitch
JICA pledges to continue assisting Vietnam in improving medical capacity to respond to COVID-19 have 419 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.