Jakarta (VNA) – The Indonesia n government has extended community activities restrictions enforcement (PPKM) for a further 14 days, from October 19 to November 2.
Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment, and PPKM Coordinator for Java and Bali, said on October 18 that 54 districts and cities on these two islands will apply PPKM level 2 and nine other locations apply PPKM level 1.
Amusement parks and cinemas in localities applying PPKM level 2 will be allowed to open to welcome children, provided that parents' contacts are present in case of contact tracing when needed.
According to Luhut, the number of patients being treated at hospitals or self-isolating at home is currently only 18,000, of which 7,000 are in Java and Bali. Only on October 17, Jakarta, West Java and Bali did not record any deaths, while other provinces recorded less than five deaths per day.
Economic Coordinating Minister and PPKM Coordinator outside Java and Bali Airlangga Hartarto said the pandemic situation in these areas is improving day by day.
Indonesia began imposing an emergency PPKM on July 3. Up to now, this pandemic countermeasure has been extended a total of 11 times and is considered to be eased every two weeks based on a number of indicators such as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths, the progress of tracing and testing, hospital bed occupancy rates, and vaccination outcomes.
In recent weeks, the number of COVID-19 infections in Indonesia has dropped sharply. In particular, from September 29 to now, the number of new infections has never exceeded 2,000 cases per day. However, the Southeast Asian country is forecast to face a third wave of infections after the Christmas and New Year holidays when people travel a lot./.
- Virus turns Indonesia holiday island into desert of abandoned resorts
- When will Plan B restrictions come in and will there be another lockdown this Christmas?
- What is Covid Plan B in the UK and what are the restrictions?
- 'Raucous' party held at Tory HQ amid Covid restrictions days before No10 bash
- What Covid Plan B means for you: work from home, vaccine passports and extended mask mandate
- COVID-19: What is Plan B and why are ministers considering more restrictions?
- Coronavirus turns Gili Trawangan into desert of abandoned resorts
- J and K Reported 1033 Terrorist Incidents in 3 Years: Govt
- Coronavirus digest: Austria warns of lockdown for unvaccinated
- No further extension for holding AGMs: MCA
- Barack Obama to make shock visit to UK to tell 'old folks get out of the way'
- Lockout lifted in Katherine and surrounding communities despite NT recording two new local COVID cases
- Rupee opens flat against dollar; investors cautious before Fed meet
- Local celebs land int’l projects amid pandemic
- Fears Covid rules could be tightened further in repeat of last Christmas
- Coronavirus digest: Omicron reported in 57 countries, WHO reports
- Thai baht, ringgit gain among Asian foreign exchange as Omicron worries ease
- ‘Domestic air passenger traffic crossed 10-mn mark in Nov.’
- Renewed rise in COVID-19 infections and labour shortages threaten recovery
- Omicron threat: New COVID-19 guidelines in Karnataka? Here’s what we know
Indonesia extends restrictions till November 2 have 494 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.