Jakarta (VNA) – Indonesia has set a target to become a centre of the world’s halal industry in 2024 given its potential market for halal products in the country.
"Indonesia has the potential to become a centre of the world's halal industry as well as the world's fashion Mecca. We target that this goal can be achieved by 2024," state news agency Antara quoted President Joko Widodo as saying at the opening of the online Trade Expo Indonesia (TEI) Digital Edition on October 21.
Citing the State of Global Islamic Economic Report in 2021, the President said that Muslims around the globe spend more than 2 trillion USD on various sectors from food, fashion, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals, to recreation or tourism.
"Certainly, this is an opportunity that we must take advantage of," he said.
Meanwhile, Trade Minister Muhammad Lutfi said that Indonesia's export of halal products reached 6 billion USD, ranking 21st in the world. The country's export of Muslim fashion is valued at about 4.1 billion USD, or equivalent to the top 13 in the world.
The TEI event promotes halal products and Muslim fashion by providing a special platform for the products. Another event namely Jakarta Muslim Fashion Week will also be held simultaneously. "We organize this event as an effort to make Indonesia the halal industry center and the world's fashion Mecca," said Lutfi./.
- Global Halal Market 2019 Industry Key Players, Trends, Sales, Supply, Demand, Analysis & Forecast To 2024
- The Halal Guys Partners with Restaurant Design Concepts for Design and Build-Out of More Than 20 Northern California Locations
- U.A.E. Chiller Market is Expected to Reach $186.4 Million by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- Asia-Pacific Chiller Market Forecasted to Reach $4.9 Billion by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- Palm Methyl Ester Derivatives Market to Reach $2,106.7 Million by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- First NATA-accredited 01dB Calibration, Service & Repair Centre in Australasia opens in Melbourne
- Well Cementing Market Forecasted to Attain $10,065.4 Million by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- Innovative Aligned Institutional Mission™ (AIM) Program Launches
- Sports Medicine Market 2019 Global Trend, Segmentation And Opportunities Forecast To 2024
- HVAC Market is Expected to Reach $136.5 Billion by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- 360 Degree Camera Market 2019 Global Share,Trend,Segmentation and Forecast to 2024
- Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration Market to Reach $10.4 Billion by 2024: P&S Intelligence
- Attis Industries Looks to Expand Production and Add Approximately $160M in Revenues with Recent Acquisition
- Red Piranha signs $7 Million Cyber Security capability partnership at Indonesia-Australia Free Trade Agreement ceremony
- ConocoPhillips eyes Indonesia future with new Repsol discovery
- Global Sexual Wellness Market to Reach Values of Around $39 Billion by 2024
- Digital Printing Packaging Market Revenues to Reach $28 billion by 2024
- TCEB launches new online ‘MICE Intelligence & Resource Centre’
- Global Face Recognition Systems Market Status And Future Forecast 2015-2024
- Coconut Oil Market 2019 Industry Trends, Sales, Supply, Demand and Consumption Forecasts to 2025
Indonesia aims to become halal industry centre by 2024 have 467 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.