The incident happened following heavy rains from Tuesday evening to early Wednesday morning.
Up to 755 tonnes of fish raised in cages on Dong Nai River have been found dead, leaving local families with huge losses
The fish belonged to 99 households in Ngoc Dinh, Phu Vinh, Thanh Son and Phu Hoa communes in Dinh Quan District. According to some local residents, the water discharged from the Dong Nai 5 and Tri An hydropower plants resulted in high levels of mud and silt which reduced oxygen levels in the water. As a result, the fish died en masse. A total of 167 hectares of crops and fruit trees were also damaged by the water discharge from the hydropower plant. Local authorities had to evacuate three households in Phu Tan Commune to ensure safety during the flood. Over the past two days, Storm Kompasu has brought heavy rains for Dinh Hoa Commune, which forced Tri An Hydropower Plant to discharge a large amount of water.
- Experts debate feasibility of mining Red River Delta coalfield
- Shocking report reveals that 95% of river-borne plastic polluting the world's oceans comes from just TEN rivers including the Ganges and Niger
- Don't silence the Mekong River
- Murder most foul: polluted Indian river reported dead despite 'living entity' status
- Don't silence the Mekong river
- Hundreds of dead porpoises found on Germany's Baltic coast
- A river of rubbish: the ugly secret threatening China's most beautiful city
- At PG&E, a workforce on edge — and under attack — as fire season arrives
- MM Mega Market to take more VN farm produce abroad
- High supply gives Vietnam's poultry firms chance to reach export markets
- South Aussie couple inundated with attention after finding rare ocan sunfish at Coroong
- Pork closely monitored in HCM City amid ASF outbreaks
- Thames Water fined £20m for sewage spill
- Under the Hammer: As Trump Reportedly Sizes Up Greenland, How Many Territories Have Been Purchased?
- Vale: The pride of Brazil becomes its most hated company
- Trips to southern orchards popular in summer for urbanites
- The selfless heroes nominated for The Sun’s Military Awards as we salute the finest Armed Forces in the world
- Inside China's 'cancer villages'
- What lies beneath: Robert Macfarlane travels 'Underland'
- President Kalam's mantra for national prosperity
Hundreds of tonnes of fish found dead on Dong Nai River have 372 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.