Storm Kompasu has brought torrential rain to Nghe An and Ha Tinh over recent days.
A landslide in Son Kim Commune, Ha Tinh
The rainy weather has damaged some roads in Duc Tho District's Duc Lang Commune, including a 200-metre section of road in Vinh Yen village. This has affected nearly 50 households. In Huong Son District's Son Kim 1 Commune, a landslide has caused 1,000 cubic metres of soil and stones to fall onto a road to Cau Treo border gate. Local authorities have warned people of possible dangers when travelling through the area. Landslides have been reported on National Highway 217B and roads 514, 516B, 522, 523C and 516. A severe landslide previously occurred in September in the Nguoc Mountain area in Thanh Chuong District when hundreds of cubic metres of soil spilled onto a local road. Because of the downpours, up to 1,035 out of 1,061 lakes and reservoirs in Nghe An are full with water. Many of them are in poor condition and need to be upgraded. The same situation has also happened in many lakes and reservoirs in Ha Tinh. Ha Tinh is home to around 351 lakes and reservoirs. Among those, many need to be consolidated. The province has prepared a plan to evacuate 2,349 households with a total 8,024 people to ensure safety from coming storms. In Thanh Hoa Province, 385 out of 610 irrigation reservoirs are full following the rain over recent days.
- Two dead, hectares of rice flooded due to typhoon Son Tinh
- Important Tips For The Rains
- Hurricane Olivia approaches Hawaii with heavy wind, rain
- 2014 Ram Heavy Duty Power Wagon
- Avoidable Contact: Color my world, the case for front-wheel drive.
- Rain stopped play: Lotus Carlton vs the autobahn (CAR archive, January 1991)
- Rain forces suspension of Mets-Cubs game in 10th
- Washington baseball finally has hope — with or without Bryce Harper
- Vietnamese police accelerate illegal immigration probe following lorry deaths in Britain
- UK police believe 39 truck victims are Vietnamese
- A Mini in the Himalayas: CAR+ archive, October 2012
- The Latest: North Carolina governor visits hard-hit New Bern
- 1000 miles in a Lamborghini Miura (CAR archive, Dec 1967 and Jan 1968)
- 1961 Jaguar E-type
- Project CARS Video Game Review [w/video]
- How To Maintain Your Vehicle During Monsoons
- Sebastian Vettel takes German Grand Prix pole as Lewis Hamilton hits problems
- Sebastian Vettel takes last gasp German Grand Prix pole as Lewis Hamilton hits problems
- Coast to Coast 2014: Final destination Los Angeles and Final Albert Review
- CFL 2018 : Mohun Bagan 1-0 Pathachakra FC
Heavy rains case landslides in Nghe An, Ha Tinh have 411 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.