The Ministry of Health documented 3,034 more COVID-19 patients in Vietnam on Tuesday, together with 1,866 recoveries and 75 fatalities.
The latest cases, including seven imported and 3,027 local infections, were logged in 49 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, noting that 1,220 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City recorded 907 of the domestically-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 500, Dong Nai Province 371, Soc Trang Province 200, An Giang Province 134, Tay Ninh Province 104, Khanh Hoa Province 38, Can Tho City 24, Hanoi 11, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province five, and Da Nang two.
Vietnam had registered 3,159 locally-acquired infections on Monday.
The country has reported 865,558 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is heavily impacted with 419,599 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 226,353, Dong Nai Province with 59,386, Long An Province with 33,784, Tien Giang Province with 15,184, Dong Thap Province with 9,276, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,550, Da Nang with 4,934, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,410, and Hanoi with 4,355.
Vietnam detected only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 1,866 recoveries on Tuesday, bringing the total to 870,255.
The toll has ascended to 21,344 deaths after the ministry recorded 75 fatalities on the same day, including 47 in Ho Chi Minh City and 11 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has reported 870,255 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered almost 65 million vaccine doses, including 1,522,598 shots on Monday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Nearly 18.5 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Health ministry registers 12,591 new domestic coronavirus cases in Vietnam
- Covid-19: Health Ministry detects 31 new clusters, 17 involving workplaces
- New coronavirus infections hit 7-day average highs in U.S. states across the country
- 12 States Have Over 1 Lakh Covid Cases, 187 Districts Showed Decline In 2 Weeks: Health Ministry
- Vietnam health ministry records 12,752 new domestic coronavirus cases
- Vietnam health ministry confirms 12,477 additional local coronavirus cases
- Vietnam health ministry reports over 12,000 new local COVID-19 cases
- Health ministry mulls revoking certificate should medics quit jobs
- Coronavirus infection rate drops to below 2% among tested samples in Ho Chi Minh City
- Health ministry orders halt to inpatient visiting in some medical facilities
- Vietnam’s health ministry approves mixing Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines due to short supply
- Decline In Weekly Covid Positivity Rate, But Second Wave Not Over Yet: Health Ministry
- With Fresh 31,222 Cases, India's Active Coronavirus Infections Dip Below Four Lakh
- Thai Health Department Announces Six News Coronavirus Cases
- Coronavirus infections continue to rise across UK
- Canberra won't ease restrictions after new coronavirus cases recorded
- New coronavirus will only cause "mild illness" in "vast majority of people," says top adviser to U.K. government
- South African researchers keep wary eye on yet another new coronavirus variant
- Carefully authenticate COVID-19 vaccine before use: Health Ministry
- Second Wave Not Over Yet, Follow Covid-Appropriate Behaviour During Festivals: Health Ministry
Health ministry registers 3,034 new coronavirus infections in Vietnam have 485 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.