The chairman of the HCM City People's Committee, Phan Van Mai, said the city plans to build one million units of affordable housing for low-income workers.
The Department of Construction is working with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment to review statistics of the State’s social housing land fund and has reported back to the City People's Committee.
The fourth wave of COVID-19 clearly exposed the reality that workers live in large numbers in very small areas. This has had a great impact on the emotional life of the workers.
The city’s leaders have recognised the urgent need to build social housing suited to the income of migrant workers.
“Migrant workers play a very important role in the economic and social development of the city, but the city currently does not take care of their lives well enough. In the coming time, the city will have better support policies and benefits for workers,” Mai said.
The city has implemented many projects to build social housing for workers in Linh Trung I, Linh Trung II, and Tan Thuan export processing zones, Tan Tao Industrial Park, and in new industrial zones.
According to data from the Department of Construction, from the end of 2019 until now, the city has implemented 15 housing projects for workers, equivalent to an area of 47ha.
However, this number is still too small compared to the housing needs of millions of migrant workers in the city.
The biggest difficulty in building social housing for workers is the lack of capital and land. — VNS
- Fighting mental illness with affordable housing: What can Colorado Springs learn from this Tulsa nonprofit?
- Two new affordable housing buildings coming to Harlem
- HCM City housing prices rise on shortage of new supply
- Caution: You're about to enter an Affordable Housing Zone
- These bills could make life a little easier for low-income Californians
- Radius to build 87 new ‘social’ housing units
- Affordable Housing Arrives in Porto Alegre Brazil
- Joinville Welcomes the Minha Casa Minha Vida Affordable Housing Programme
- Flats/ Property in Ghaziabad at cheap rates–Affordable housing
- Empty Garages: The Answer to California’s Housing Shortage?
- Singh vows to help oilsands workers find new jobs with programs, funding
- Portland housing report shows progress, but gap in affordability persists
- Free cash can help you get a city centre apartment
- Singh promises programs, funding to get new jobs for oilsands workers
- Andrew Volk wants to bring progressive values, business experience to City Council
- Lamont considers needs of Connecticut’s cities
- Snakes, rats, bedbugs, abuse. Complaints filed by Mexican migrant workers expose underside of Canada’s seasonal agriculture program
- New law sets path for more farmworker housing
- Hey, where’s all the federal election talk about transit and housing?
- The climate crisis in 2050: what happens if cities act but nations don't?
HCM City to build 1 million units of affordable housing for low-income workers have 468 words, post on bizhub.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.