Routine immunisation of children has resumed in HCM City, the epicentre of the COVID-19 outbreak, after being temporarily halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the HCM City Centre for Disease Control (HCDC).
|A child waits to be vaccinated at a health facility in HCM City. — Photo the HCM City Centre for Disease Control|
HCDC earlier this month asked community health centres and health facilities citywide to resume the expanded immunisation programmes amid the declining cases of new COVID-19 infections and hospitalisation, said Nguyen Hong Tam, deputy director of HCDC.
Parents and child caregivers must strictly implement COVID-19 preventive measures when visiting the health facilities for immunisation services, Tam said at a meeting on Monday.
Despite a wide disruption in the delivery and uptake of immunisation services caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, immunisation services for infants have been maintained at obstetrics hospitals, including vaccines against tuberculosis and hepatitis B.
HCDC regularly supplies vaccines against tuberculosis and hepatitis B and closely monitors the delivery of these vaccines.
The delayed vaccination schedules for one or several months will not largely affect a child's immunity, he said.
He called on parents to take their children to health facilities to complete routine immunisations.
As of October 10, the city had administered more than 7.06 million first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 5.22 million second doses, according to HCDC.
Source: Vietnam News
- HCM City seeks to start tourism revival at home
- 156 teams compete in HCM City inter-school basketball tournament
- HCM City enhances cooperation with Laos, Hungary
- HCM City kicks off travel stimulus programme
- Student Vovinam tournament begins in HCM City
- HCM City develops wide-ranging AI strategy
- HCM City education dept prepares for new training programme
- School sports tournaments in HCM City, 3x3 hoops in Hanoi
- HCM City launches seven agro-ecotourism programmes
- HCM City fosters linkages between academia, companies
- HCM City sees big decrease in street flooding
- Resumed tolls proposed for HCM City-Trung Luong Expressway
- HCM City to organise fair to stimulate consumer demand
- T’Way Airlines to resume flights from HCM City
- HCM City to foster tourism links with neighbouring provinces
- Technology key to success for HCM City's smart transport system
- HCM City has 16 more high schools to be develop advanced library
- HCM City tech department tells IT firms to set up platforms to bring together start-ups
- HCM City targets 1,000 MWp of rooftop solar power at industrial zones by 2024
- Qatar Airways to restart flights to HCM City
HCM City resumes immunisation programmes for children have 386 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.