All 22 districts in HCM City and Thu Duc City have met the criteria for epidemic control and are ready to enter the "new normal" stage, said HCM City People’s Council Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Le at the council's 3rd session on October 18.
HCM City People’s Council Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Le.
She said that from October 1 the city began to enter a new normal period in which the city is carrying out epidemic prevention and control and taking steps to recover the economy.
"This is a very important meeting to comprehensively evaluate the city’s efforts in controlling the Covid-19 epidemic, and at the same time approve important policies to implement the Resolution of the 9th Conference of the HCM City Party Committee,” said Le.
In addition to achievements, the city has also paid a big price. The city's strict epidemic prevention and control measures affected business and production activities and people’s lives.
In January-September 2021, the city's gross regional domestic product (GRDP) is estimated to drop by 4.98% and it is expected to fall by 5.06% for the whole year. Total disbursed public investment in this period reached only 32% of the yearly plan. It is expected that the city will complete only 11 of 29 major goals set for this year (37.93%). For state budget revenue, it will not fall deeply, but it will be difficult to complete the 2021 plan.
At this session, deputies will focus on discussing the following key issues: firstly, the socio-economic situation in the past nine months and the key tasks of the last months of 2021; and appropriate solutions to overcome challenges to successfully implement the city’s socio-economic development tasks in 2021.
Secondly, it will consider and approve a Resolution on the budget, economy, urban development, and socio-cultural issues.
Thirdly, deputies will listen to reports on the prevention and control of the Covid-19 epidemic, and the issuance and implementation of the Resolution on policies to support pandemic-affected people in phase 3.
As of October 17, the city had 417,208 cases and 240,797 recovered patients. The daily number of cases has decreased to about 3 digits while the death toll has dropped to double digits. Nearly 99% of the population aged 18 and older have had the first dose of vaccine and over 76% have received the second dose.
- Experts worry high military suicide rates are 'new normal'
- Utah NBC affiliate owned by Mormon church won’t air ‘The New Normal,’ show featuring gay couple
- New York City slowly returns to normal after mammoth blizzard brings near-record snowfall
- Detroit's new school system officially begins today
- City University of New York pact could spur Stanford grad school in the city
- New York to officially launch medical marijuana program Thursday
- Will $99 fares to Europe become the new normal?
- City ready to settle years of JBS stink gripes
- Top 10 Valley cities: Readiness for Trump-merica
- Washington City readies vote on Fields business rezone
- With outdoor game at Yankee Stadium, Devils-Rangers rivalry enters new chapter
- Fischer: City ready to take on snow
- Elisabeth Moss enters new stage with 'Heidi'
- City ready for Super Tuesday parade in Canyon of Heroes after Giants take care of biz in Super Bowl
- Millennials to small cities: Ready or not here we come!
- New York State officials recover more than $18.1 million in wages for short-changed workers
- Charter school shuffle has city searching for new Brooklyn day care locations
- New North Elementary officially underway
- Long Island Rail Road workers ready to push strike deadline past Labor Day
- Cold rain to drench New York as winter storm drifts to Northeast
HCM City ready to enter ‘new normal’ period: official have 573 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.