Ho Chi Minh City has 78 self-nominated candidates running in the upcoming election of deputies to the 14th National Assembly and the municipal People’s Council.
Application papers of the candidates were submitted to the municipal chapter of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) on March 14 for the second consultative conference which will take place on March 17.
According to the city’s election committee, 90 candidates are running for seats in the NA; more than half of whom, or 50 people, are independent candidates while the remaining were nominated by organizations.
There are 203 candidates for the municipal People’s Council, including 28 self-nominated candidates, the committee unveiled.
President of the VFF Ho Chi Minh City chapter Nguyen Hoang Nang said after the conference, feedback from voters where each nominated candidate resides will start being collected, while for the independent candidates, both opinions of voters and the organization that he/she works for will be collected.
Ho Chi Minh City is to elect 30 deputies to the 14th National Assembly, according to allocation of the National Assembly Standing Committee.
The election of deputies to the 14th NA and all-level People’s Councils of the 2016-2021 tenure will convene on May 22, which is a Sunday as in line with the law.
- HCM City proposes new urban administration model
- HCM City speeds up projects to improve quality of life for urbanites
- Apps, technology use improve traffic management in HCM City
- HCM City People’s Council approves resolutions
- Maharashtra Legislative Council election 2020: Setback for BJP as party wins only Dhule-Nandurbar seat out of six it contested
- HCM City to develop public cultural spaces
- Vietnam International Fashion Week opens in HCM City
- Assam: Voting for 2nd phase of Bodoland Territorial Council election starts
- HCM City People’s Council convenes 23rd session
- HCM City legislature to wrap up year by discussing economic recovery in 2021
- Experts propose river-themed city scape for metropolis HCM City
- HCM City sets economic growth target of 6 percent for 2021
- VN Int’l Fashion Week opens in HCM City
- ADC fielding candidates in Kogi Council polls – Nwosu
- Seminar talks prospects, challenges of Thu Duc city
- Hong Kong Councilor: Beijing Manipulated Election
- Jammu and Kashmir: PoK woman, who was once married to a terrorist, contesting District Development Council poll
- Blow to BJP, MVA candidates leading in polls for 4 Council seats in Maharashtra
- Decision for establishment of Thu Duc City to contribute to city's development
- Independents’ performance may decide fate of Koduvally municipality
HCM City has 78 independent candidates for NA, People’s Council elections have 390 words, post on at March 14, 2016. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.